LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 199 users in the forums

Cam Newton - NFL's #1 Crybaby?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Mike Mayock said when Cam was drafted that he wasnt a leader, i'm starting to see that now. Cam thinks he is superman, I get that impression when I watch the Panthers. When they are losing he holds on to the ball and trys to make plays with his legs, like he's some god from planet X. Cam has lost more games than any QB in the league.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
He does b***h waaaay too much. I've never seen a player complain as much as he does. I really don't know what his problem is. He's a good player, I think, he's just not as good as he thinks he is. Just work hard and become a complete NFL player.
  • dj43
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Mike Mayock said when Cam was drafted that he wasnt a leader,

His history is dotted with situations that suggest his character is lacking.
There were warning signs before he was drafted. A few scouts warned that he was full of himself. He has no understanding of how to conduct himself in a team setting. He tried so hard to come across as mature and responsible, and most people fell for it. His whole persona was fabricated. He's showing his true colors right now.
He really needs some help there in Carolina or things will get even worse there. Not looking to good right now.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Mike Mayock said when Cam was drafted that he wasnt a leader,

His history is dotted with situations that suggest his character is lacking.
Yea but your just being nice by saying its lacking lol
LOL at the hello kitty shirt! I really wanted them to beat the sea chickens, but Cam threw that weak little girly pass in the end zone that was batted down. Alex and CK are better than he is!
horrible body language.. eff that doot.. he's messin' up my fantasy squad too
Remember when everyone wanted him on our team instead of Alex? Physical talent aside - one's tough as nails and a real pro, the other is Jamarcus Russel bound...
I'll take him

• Jcool
  • Veteran
This is why you DO NOT hire a defensive coach when your #1 priority is a Quarterback. I will be shocked if Ron Rivera is the head coach of the Panthers next year.
His accuracy has been horrendous this year. And his postgame comments were dumb. Didn't really make sense.
When he was a draft prospect, I was not a fan, and it was in part due to what's between his ears. After his rookie season, I shrugged and said that he is proving me wrong with his dedication blah, blah, blah. Wrong, right? I don't really care... but he is exhibiting some really poor decision making and attitude lately. I think maybe.. MAYBE... opponents have had the film to start shutting him down more. So we'll see.. but I am glad he's not the QB on our team. Loads of talent.. but still something that says to me he could completely flame out. Rather have Ck7 than Cam, to be honest.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
He needs to grow up, that's for sure.
Selfish. Cam needs to grow up quick. He's losing his team by the game and the last press conference didn't help at all.. Threw his team under the bus.
Share 49ersWebzone