LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 268 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
What in the hell is roman still doing here? Is Coach Harbaugh blind?

WTF? He's still here?
look at the snap count if you want your head to explode.

manningham wasn't even on the field for 53% of the plays.
baldwin wasn't in the game 63%
hunter got 7 snaps
james got 4

but as long as good ole bruce miller gets his 30 + a game

and gore has 47 of 57 snaps but only runs on 13 of them

solid planning to me
how does gore have 13 carries when 2 te's were on the field for 41 of the 57 plays with miller accounting for 33 snaps

so at least 33 of the 57 plays we had 2 te's 1 fb and 1 rb

and we only ran it with gore 13 times and attempted 31 passes not including sacks

does this plan make sense to anyone?
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
how does gore have 13 carries when 2 te's were on the field for 41 of the 57 plays with miller accounting for 33 snaps

so at least 33 of the 57 plays we had 2 te's 1 fb and 1 rb

and we only ran it with gore 13 times and attempted 31 passes not including sacks

does this plan make sense to anyone?

Yes

Greg Roman obviously
Originally posted by WINiner:
Yes

Greg Roman obviously

there isn't an emoticon to express how i feel right now
Is he still here?
Originally posted by NCommand:
Is he still here?

oh yea he run the offense and ain't going nowhere

greg roman are you with me

oh yea he run the offense and ain't going nowhere

makes me clap my hands makes me very mad and stomp
^^^ damnit!
Originally posted by NCommand:
^^^ damnit!

the good news is the journalist have been lurking here and are starting to parrot the things we've said on a national front.

i just don't see why anyone is surprised our offense is dead last in passing when a team stacks the box and roman's response is to continue to stack the box with even more non essential personnel.
he has to lead the league in non essential personnel players running blocking routes. and fb going out for passes.

we don't even have a 2nd wr on the field half of the time.. how on earth is that even possible?
i wish harbaugh would take over already and get this guy out of here. harbaugh knows offense and was a QB for a long time so he knows the game inside out.

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i wish harbaugh would take over already and get this guy out of here. harbaugh knows offense and was a QB for a long time so he knows the game inside out.

I was thinking about that too... but look at who Harbaugh is, he wants his hand in all the cookie jars not just offense. I dont think he would be comfortable taking his hand off the pulse of the team to focus solely on offense. But it would be awesome if he put Rathman or Chryst in charge of calling plays, or anyone on the offensive staff but Roman.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1856500-san-francisco-49ers-5-reasons-greg-roman-should-be-on-the-hot-seat/page/6

This say it all.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1856500-san-francisco-49ers-5-reasons-greg-roman-should-be-on-the-hot-seat/page/6

This say it all.
"By taking away Kaepernick's running, Roman and Harbaugh are not utilizing his skills optimally. They are putting shackles on him, which has caused Kaepernick to lose his confidence and the swagger he played with last year."

"This problem is something that should not be as prevalent this late in the season. Roman needs to get the plays to Kaepernick faster, enabling him to make the audible and adjust when he needs to.The lack of urgency in getting the plays called quickly results in the 49ers wasting timeouts, and there is no excuse for that."

"Keeping Colin Kaepernick in the pocket at all times reduces his effectiveness. It is very surprising that offensive coordinator Greg Roman does not employ more roll-outs and moving pockets for Kaepernick."

"For some reason, there is also a complete disdain for the screen pass. When an offensive line is having trouble with a defensive front, the screen is a way to keep that pass rush at bay.The 49ers rarely employ the flare pass to the backs or a checkdown, which can get positive yardage when the alternative is trying to force the ball into coverage.With Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James, a simple flare pass can turn into a big gainer, as Hunter and James have the elusiveness to make big plays in the open field. Combined, Hunter and James have only three catches on the year."

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

This say it all.
"By taking away Kaepernick's running, Roman and Harbaugh are not utilizing his skills optimally. They are putting shackles on him, which has caused Kaepernick to lose his confidence and the swagger he played with last year."

"This problem is something that should not be as prevalent this late in the season. Roman needs to get the plays to Kaepernick faster, enabling him to make the audible and adjust when he needs to.The lack of urgency in getting the plays called quickly results in the 49ers wasting timeouts, and there is no excuse for that."

"Keeping Colin Kaepernick in the pocket at all times reduces his effectiveness. It is very surprising that offensive coordinator Greg Roman does not employ more roll-outs and moving pockets for Kaepernick."

"For some reason, there is also a complete disdain for the screen pass. When an offensive line is having trouble with a defensive front, the screen is a way to keep that pass rush at bay.The 49ers rarely employ the flare pass to the backs or a checkdown, which can get positive yardage when the alternative is trying to force the ball into coverage.With Kendall Hunter and LaMichael James, a simple flare pass can turn into a big gainer, as Hunter and James have the elusiveness to make big plays in the open field. Combined, Hunter and James have only three catches on the year."

wow I had no idea Hunter and James have a combined 3 catches.
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
the good news is the journalist have been lurking here and are starting to parrot the things we've said on a national front.

i just don't see why anyone is surprised our offense is dead last in passing when a team stacks the box and roman's response is to continue to stack the box with even more non essential personnel.
he has to lead the league in non essential personnel players running blocking routes. and fb going out for passes.

we don't even have a 2nd wr on the field half of the time.. how on earth is that even possible?

LOL, this. Some of the articles I've seen recently make me think some journalists are lurking in the Webzone.
Share 49ersWebzone