LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 195 users in the forums

Greg Roman, is he really good?

Shop 49ers game tickets
It's as if he's a youth league football coach using a select number of athletes and select number of plays!
G-RO gets a big fat ZERO today!
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pete98146:
I'm at a loss for words. It's obvious that losing Vernon hurt but it's no excuse. Roman dialed up a putrid game plan. You attack them like the Panthers attacked us using intermediate quick hitting pass patterns. Aside from that nice pass to Manningham late in the game we didn't even try to hit any of these. I don't know, maybe Carolina's defense is that good but I doubt it. Why is it in these tight ball games we play not to lose? Todays game was a perfect example.

I do notice a disturbing trend. Teams that out physical us usually win. Seattle, Carolina, Ravens punch us right in the mouth and it seems like we get intimidated. Our offensive line was horrible on pass blocking. Yuck. Kaepernick looked like a deer in the headlights pretty much all game long. Ugly, ugly, ugly.

I feel poorly for the defense because they did their job and put us in a position to win. Our offense was pitiful.

My wife who doesn't know a thing about football said that Kaepernick has that look on his face again.........deer in headlights look lol
i want david shaw
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
that's why i cannot put full blame on kap he was running for his life almost every drop back.

give him quick passes let him hit boldin and manningham and macdonald forget the chunk plays go for shot sustaining drive type plays gore is running well keep the power run game up don't start with the pistol stuff

if i am jim harbaugh i go into the locker room and say greg if you run the pistol and get cute instead of dial up power and play action quick passes and screens i will fire you and take over play calling duties period.

Realistically he should, there's no excuse for coming out this flat after having two weeks to prepare for this team. I don't trust Harbaugh to ever do that, when it comes to players, they'll axe them in a minute, but with coaches, Harbaugh seems to have a lot of personal relationships with these guys and I don't know if he's objective enough to drop the hammer when needed.
greg roman sucks
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Another bad thing about this loss is it cements Rivera's future there at least through 2014, and Carolina was long considered the team most likely to hire Roman as HC.
Get the NCAA on the phone, they can have Roman.
Originally posted by ejroland:
The coaching staff better start limiting his ability to audible or we will continue to slide especially with going into New Orleans!

do we know what he checked out of?

the formations alone were enough to put it on roman. you can't check into power out of the cute formations.

The majority of Kaep's kill kill kill plays are checked to runs or passes to Vernon Davis (over the course of the season)! Where's the screen game against pressure defenses?
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i want david shaw

THIS!!!!

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ejroland:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
i want david shaw

THIS!!!!

THIS!!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
that's why i cannot put full blame on kap he was running for his life almost every drop back.

give him quick passes let him hit boldin and manningham and macdonald forget the chunk plays go for shot sustaining drive type plays gore is running well keep the power run game up don't start with the pistol stuff

if i am jim harbaugh i go into the locker room and say greg if you run the pistol and get cute instead of dial up power and play action quick passes and screens i will fire you and take over play calling duties period.

Realistically he should, there's no excuse for coming out this flat after having two weeks to prepare for this team. I don't trust Harbaugh to ever do that, when it comes to players, they'll axe them in a minute, but with coaches, Harbaugh seems to have a lot of personal relationships with these guys and I don't know if he's objective enough to drop the hammer when needed.

This game plan or lack there of is PARTIALLY Harbaugh's as well!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Scored 32 point on AZ a top 10 defense. Scored 34 points on a good Texans D. Tennessee has the #7 defense we scored 31

In all those games the 49ers were buffered by huge takeaways on defense, in Arizona the defense scored 2 points with a safety and led to another 13 points after turnovers. Point me out a game against a high quality defense where the offense, the OFFENSE, took it to a team, beat them up and lit them up, wins against struggling teams like Houston and Tennessee who got beat by the Jaguars are meaningless to me.

When has this offense come out looking sharp against a winning team with a high quality defense?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I blame them both, but a QB will have good and bad games, Roman constantly is outcoached/out-strategized by good defensive teams. When's the last time he came up with a good gameplan against a high quality defense? Everytime this team struggles early, sometimes they get it going like against Atlanta and Baltimore in the playoffs, sometimes they completely s**t the bed like against Seattle, Indy and now Carolina.

Scored 32 point on AZ a top 10 defense. Scored 34 points on a good Texans D. Tennessee has the #7 defense we scored 31

Hidden in those numbers are points off of turnovers - and how many really short fields the offense was given by superior defensive play.

rushing offense was still looking really good in those games... Its not all on the defense.
[ Edited by Jcool on Nov 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM ]
we have three defensive touchdowns so that not why we are putting up so many points.

Yeah but guess what, when you get turnovers deep in the other teams territory and get an automatic field goal as a result, just as they did twice in the Cardinals game, you don't put those points on "good offense." When the defense gives you the ball on the 20 yard line and you get 3 points out of it, that's more of an indictment against the offense than it is a credit to them.

This is the same chitty offense as it was against Indy and Seattle....once more Roman completely got away from the running game, at which point its impossible to come to any conclusion other than that he simply doesn't get it and never will.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Nov 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone