There are 213 users in the forums

*** WEEK 3 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 9/20 - 9/24 ***

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

greatest picture ever
Originally posted by ads_2006:
you have to have simultaneous possession - both players go up and come down with it

what happnened here, jennings goes up, intercepts, and has possession, coming down tate sticks one arm in there, then sticks another when he is down

No when Jennings goes up I see rates left hand right in the middle of it.
Originally posted by cubanb:
Just called and it is legit.

Called and got the voicemail. I wonder if it really is legit?
Originally posted by btak49:

Called and got the voicemail. I wonder if it really is legit?
it is
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
Awful Announcing ‏@awfulannouncing

Did Clay Matthews post Roger Goodell's phone number on his Facebook page? Is this the real? http://bit.ly/TtuppO ;(via@NickHietpas)

Timmy K. ‏@Kaiser_Roll22 @yowhatupbroth @NickHietpas @awfulannouncing Got Through it is his direct Office Number from what I can gather from the voicemail

Originally posted by darkknight49:
The problem I see with the "strike in the name of safety" argument is that there hasn't been an incident of a player getting severely hurt due to incompetence of an official. Court cases are based off events that have happened and not conjecture, however plausible it may be.

Maybe someone with more of a legal background can add.

It's the increased threat of injury due to the inability of those in charge of regulating the game that poses additiional rick to player safety. One could argue that it is reasonable to force better referee's or stop the games altogether BEFORE a serious injury, remember Daryl Stingley?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

The NFL number appears to be real, but there's no sign on Matthews' official Facebook page of him sending any message
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
This is the pictures was talking about earlier.
I know Tate's LH is between the ball and Jennings chest.
This picture shows Tate's RH on the ball.
They bothhave possession and both are on the ground. WR has the ball and is down by contact TD.
I then can argue tate made a 1 handed catch and then secured it with the 2nd when Jennings is trying to wrestle it away.

Like I said, wrong call, but not the worst call these refs have done.

How is this not Jennings ball?

• Jcool
  • Veteran

The NFL number appears to be real, but there's no sign on Matthews' official Facebook page of him sending any message

RT @SarahSpain: @awfulannouncing that was a fake page - only had 6k likes and a different pic. his real page is linked to his website.
Originally posted by crzy:

greatest picture ever

This is the biggest issue. I think if they both called TD, or if they got together before their would not be as big of an uproar.

• Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

New rule, if you wrap up the player holding the ball and keep that player off the ground, you are literally holding both the player and the ball, therefore you have control of the ball and possession of both.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Quote:

Did Clay Matthews post Roger Goodell's phone number on his Facebook page? Is this the real? http://bit.ly/TtuppO ;(via@NickHietpas)

Timmy K. ‏@Kaiser_Roll22 @yowhatupbroth @NickHietpas @awfulannouncing Got Through it is his direct Office Number from what I can gather from the voicemail

Lines busy now
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
This is the biggest issue. I think if they both called TD, or if they got together before their would not be as big of an uproar.

It wouldn't have changed anything
Frank Gore ‏@Frank_Gore We need to start a fund for @TJLang70 . Dat dude gonna get fined to the moon! #RogerGoodellSucks
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

wow, refs mustve been paid or something, that's ridiculous.
Share 49ersWebzone