LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 190 users in the forums

** Week 1 NFL Preseason Games Thread 8/5 - 8/13 **

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by RogerCraig:
Luck is good, but let's face it. He was playing against a pathetically bad defense. His opening drive TD was mainly accomplished through the efforts of the receiver.

Yeah, the pinpoint accuracy and pocket movements had nothing to do with it.

Did you see the second TD pass? The seem pass? The pocket escapes and ball launches?

Yeah the defense isn't playing great but he still is dominating them. Compare him to Kaep. Its like night and day.
Not only Kaep, I honestly think his performance today matches or exceeds all of Alex's games (minus vs. NO).
I think we're jumping ahead of ourselves here. The rams didn't look good but it's preseason. Vanilla scheming, no real game preparation or game planning. Preseason is about talent evaluation, not winning games. Every year there are a handful of teams that straight stink it up in preseason then go on to become playoff teams. Obviously I do not think the rams will be one of those teams but they had a strong influx of young talent this offseason and a great coach and as they say "any given Sunday." The rams were not supposed to beat the saints last year but they did. Don't sleep on them just because they looked poor in their first preseason game of the season.
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
I think we're jumping ahead of ourselves here. The rams didn't look good but it's preseason. Vanilla scheming, no real game preparation or game planning. Preseason is about talent evaluation, not winning games. Every year there are a handful of teams that straight stink it up in preseason then go on to become playoff teams. Obviously I do not think the rams will be one of those teams but they had a strong influx of young talent this offseason and a great coach and as they say "any given Sunday." The rams were not supposed to beat the saints last year but they did. Don't sleep on them just because they looked poor in their first preseason game of the season.

This post makes Luck even better !!

How about sleeping on them bc they looked poor in their first preseason game, plus all of last year, plus Bradford is their qb.
Originally posted by kush:
Luck is good, but let's face it. He was playing against a pathetically bad defense. His opening drive TD was mainly accomplished through the efforts of the receiver.

Did you see the second TD pass? The seem pass? The pocket escapes and ball launches?

Yeah the defense isn't playing great but he still is dominating them. Compare him to Kaep. Its like night and day.
Not only Kaep, I honestly think his performance today matches or exceeds all of Alex's games (minus vs. NO).

Yup. Didn't want to say it. People get their feelings hurt if you compare anyone to Smith.
Yup. Didn't want to say it. People get their feelings hurt if you compare anyone to Smith.

That's why I hesitated, but really its not an insult, Luck just looked fantastic. If he keeps playing like that he's already one of the top QBs in the league ...

Luck looked legit
Originally posted by cwilson830:
How about sleeping on them bc they looked poor in their first preseason game, plus all of last year, plus Bradford is their qb.

I reiterate, it's the games we should win that scare me the most. Look at what happened last year with the Cardinals and like I stated when the rams beat the saints. The rams were picked by majority to win our division last year. Those predictions were made for a reason and the rams had an abysmal amount of injuries last season, where we had none. We could be a few injuries from stinking too. Remember last year, we didn't look to good in our first preseason game either. The rams have a much better coach this year then last year and as we saw last season, sometimes thats all you need to click. I hope like crazy the rams suck worse then they did last year and I will be laughing at them every step of the way but it's still too early to even start a mild chuckle.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Aug 12, 2012 at 7:13 PM ]

That's why I hesitated, but really its not an insult, Luck just looked fantastic. If he keeps playing like that he's already one of the top QBs in the league ...

Yup. 10/16 for 186 yards and two TDs in one half. Some people think those are good numbers for a whole game....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Any word on RGIII

Also, I hope the Rams suck too much, dont want them lucking into really high picks. Ideally, the whole division outside the Niners will be 9-7 for the next decade.

8-8 sounds better

Watching the replay of the cards/chiefs game. WOW, the cards look really bad!
Originally posted by cwilson830:

Yea they suck, there is no way in getting around that
Why did Braylon drop everything thrown his way in 2011, but makes a great catch from a rookie QB, and a deep pass,

Lol. "Compare him to Kaep." Never thought a 78 yard touchdown run would create such animosity for a player.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Why did Braylon drop everything thrown his way in 2011, but makes a great catch from a rookie QB, and a deep pass,

Bacon, lettuce and...
O-line?
Coaching?
Motivation?
Familiar system?

Take your pick, the ingredients don't matter. A baloney sandwich is a baloney sandwich.

But ya, that was a perfectly thrown ball by the Wilson kid.
Share 49ersWebzone