LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 235 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Can anyone find some good Kentwan Balmer videos?
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by BayArea:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
here you go

I like at 2:18 when he shows how sweet those hands are. I also like the yards after catch at 3:19. Pretty nice ass too at 4:25.

Ease up on the dude, jim and trent knew the dude needed time on the field and in the weight room. Even with all the question marks we still took him in the 1st. Dude has talent just give him time. After an offseason at the pro level and training camp plus pre season dude will be ready. With crabtree being elite(dont care what anyone thinks elite or not elite) vernon occupying safetys and linebackers plus our whole running gm is a threat, Jenkins will get a lot of 1 on 1 coverage. Jenkins can run and i wont be surprise if he gets over the top a lot this upcoming season. Jenkins speed will contribute next year.

I wasn't hating on Jenkins I was just kidding around with the fact that the video he posted is one that never actually loads so obviously I couldn't have seen any of the stuff I was talking about.
There are about as many of these as Jason Hill vids out there...
Wow, catches passes behind him, catches in traffic, catches on the sideline, good moves with ball, has on helluva set of legs and can flat out out run defenders, can catch in traffic, catches nice long ball over shoulder, and is shifty. Jeez what a talent, and i can see why we picked him as a project, for an entire yr, to let him bulk up some, but his speed and hands are exquisite. Now is the yr. Not next yr, but baalke is expecting him to win starting (slot) job this yr. He caught some nice balls over the middle in tape also, so I think he is the real deal. I also see why they drafted him in first rd late, as someone else was probably seeing the same thing. Besides we already had crbs, moss, mario, kyle, ginn, and then delanie, vernon, frank, celek...why did we need another starter. Well, injury to kyle, hunter, mario were unforseen, and ginn is not really a pro receiver. Moss and mario were great for the yr, as they taught crbs how to get off LOS. So we done good. Now AJ just has to show us on the field. It will be like a 2nd first rd pick this yr.
It's kind of amazing to me after their track record that people are so quick to second-guess Baalke and Harbaugh as if they just didn't know what they were doing.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's kind of amazing to me after their track record that people are so quick to second-guess Baalke and Harbaugh as if they just didn't know what they were doing.

Well, they aren't infallible. 2011 draft looks damn good.
2012 draft looks pretty bad... so far.
not worried about him. last year woke him up. hes with kaep gettin up to speed. he'll be a factor this year
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Really? LaMichael James looked "bad" to you? Interesting.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Really? LaMichael James looked "bad" to you? Interesting.

Did I say that?
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
not worried about him. last year woke him up. hes with kaep gettin up to speed. he'll be a factor this year

You have to be at least somewhat concerned. After all, he did exactly NOTHING in his first year. I do hope he can turn it around, but I'm not expecting anything.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

You have to be at least somewhat concerned. After all, he did exactly NOTHING in his first year. I do hope he can turn it around, but I'm not expecting anything.

he was a rookie dude and we started the season stacked at the receiver position, he probably didnt get too many real reps in practice. dude looked great in school even with that s**tty qb he had, an offseason with kaepernick will get him caught up. onlything concerning is his size but im sure he'll bulk up

he was a rookie dude and we started the season stacked at the receiver position, he probably didnt get too many real reps in practice. dude looked great in school even with that s**tty qb he had, an offseason with kaepernick will get him caught up. onlything concerning is his size but im sure he'll bulk up

I hope you're right, but I guess I'm less enthusiastic about him as you are.

+1

Given a year to build strength and figure out how to run routes should help him. I agree there was no room for him in the starting rotation but was a little concerned when he couldn't get on the field after we had a couple of guys hurt.
Smh you guys and the "he needs to get bigger" issue. Size is not an issue when it comes to Wallace, Jackson, maclin and any other wrs build that way. It's the mind part where learning the playbook, reading coverages and just getting used to the speed of the game is the thing we should worry about. He has the speed, hands and route running to succeed now we just gotta hope he learns the NFL game where he's not over thinking and not letting his skill do the work
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Smh you guys and the "he needs to get bigger" issue. Size is not an issue when it comes to Wallace, Jackson, maclin and any other wrs build that way. It's the mind part where learning the playbook, reading coverages and just getting used to the speed of the game is the thing we should worry about. He has the speed, hands and route running to succeed now we just gotta hope he learns the NFL game where he's not over thinking and not letting his skill do the work

Actually Baalke came out and said last Spring that AJ needed to make significant improvement in the weight room. It's a bigger deal on our team, because we expect our WRs to block. We don't let our little guys "run them off."
Share 49ersWebzone