LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

AJ Jenkins is a 49er

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by jreff22:
LOL at all of the wanabe draft pundits in here hating on this pick as if they know what the f**k they're talking about.

do the professionals in Sea look like they have a clue?

The track records speak for themselves. In our case, and in theirs. You don't like the pick, that's your prerogative. Baalke's track record has earned the right not to be harshly criticized at this point imo.

Trackrecord on WR's has been bad for this team. The only position we havent seriously hit on is WR. Again I have no issues with the kid I just think his spot was rich for the value.
Trackrecord on WR's has been bad for this team. The only position we havent seriously hit on is WR. Again I have no issues with the kid I just think his spot was rich for the value.

this.

Track record is irrelevant if we don't have the same gm.
Originally posted by ALLDONE:
That's where you get someone to explain to Wallace that if he's injured this year he'll never see anything close to Calvin Johnson money. In addition, he much shorter than Johnson and no where near the game changer. Wallace can go ahead and bank $2.76 mil for the year but lets face it, in the end for someone who likely doesn't have elite skills outside of athletic ability and the NFL, that's chump change. He can be brainwashed by his agent and look for CJ money or he can sign something more realistic and be taken care of for the rest of his life. So Mr. Wallace... what will it be?
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Forgive me for being upset that we drafted a guy who would have likely been there 15 picks later. Fleener, Hill & Randle were still on the board. I wouldn't be surprised to see teams trade up and take those guys early tomorrow.

All I know is we have a bunch of #2 WRs already. If we want a WR, why not trade up and get a #1? Sure Jenkins could be a star, but why not at least maximize draft position? Baalke's answer is a cop out.

"Likely" is the key. Honestly of the players you mentioned Randle was the only guy I wanted... but if Harbaugh and Baalke both have this guy high on their board (which apparently they do) then why take the risk? IF its your pick and the player you want is available and clearly above anyone else thats available its foolish to take the chance that he will "Likely" be there 15 picks later. Obviosly the think that he is better than Randle, Hill and Fleener... time will tell, but its hard to argue with their track record.

In the end who cares when he was taken? The bottom line is will he produce? You can be upset... but its pointless.
Bill Polian thinks it is a good pick. He was a bit surprised at first, but he said it makes sense for the Niners.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7861009
anyone have both 40 times?
Originally posted by cubanb:

Track record is irrelevant if we don't have the same gm.

we drafted a WR last year, brought in Edwards, brought in Swain, brought up Hastings, and resigned Swain......none of those worked
  • sfout
  • Veteran
LOL at all of the wanabe draft pundits in here hating on this pick as if they know what the f**k they're talking about.

The track records speak for themselves. In our case, and in theirs. You don't like the pick, that's your prerogative. Baalke's track record has earned the right not to be harshly criticized at this point imo.

To be fair how many of these misses at WR were baalke's fault or even on his watch? He let Morton have the final call and gave in when we picked RonJon instead of Dougie and Kyle Williams is a good WR and he was just the best WR left at that point. I dont think Ronjon was really a bad pick, we were attempting to field the best team possible and the WR coach said take my guy, he just didnt pan out.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
That's where you get someone to explain to Wallace that if he's injured this year he'll never see anything close to Calvin Johnson money. In addition, he much shorter than Johnson and no where near the game changer. Wallace can go ahead and bank $2.76 mil for the year but lets face it, in the end for someone who likely doesn't have elite skills outside of athletic ability and the NFL, that's chump change. He can be brainwashed by his agent and look for CJ money or he can sign something more realistic and be taken care of for the rest of his life. So Mr. Wallace... what will it be?

We have a staff that loved the guy there and took him. They could've risked moving down and not getting their guy, they didn't. Have the balls to take who they wanted where they were guaranteed to get him. Good for them, let's get behind the pick because he's ours now.
In 2011, new #49ers WR @Ajjenkins8 averaged 48.6 yards per TD catch. Jenkins had five scoring TDs of 50+ yards. #FastIsFaster #Draft49 -- Taylor Price (@TaylorPrice49)
Not to happy about this pick but, I'll wait and see.....

That may well be true but all I'm saying is judgement needs to be reserved. For all any of us know this guy could lead the team in recieving next year. Or maybe he sucks. All i know is that we have zero receivers signed beyond 2013. The time is now to begin building this corps up. From his senior year numbers alone we could have done worse.

Cruz--4.42 to 4.47

Jenkins--4.39
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Apr 26, 2012 at 9:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone