LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
This is BS! I would've understood 1-2 games to send a message, but a whole season??? This goes to show that Goodell is clueless when it comes to football and he's just nothing more than a businessman. What were the players supposed to say to their coaches, NO? The players were just following orders, you can't say no to coaches, unless you enjoy the bench.

Keep your f**king politics out of football, f**k you Goodell!

Hmm, don't think so. It looks as though the NFL have concluded that the players weren't victims here, with a Nuremberg defence, but active and enthusiastic participants.

I don't think a one or two game ban sends anywhere near a clear enough message to someone who was happy to end another players career.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
This is BS! I would've understood 1-2 games to send a message, but a whole season??? This goes to show that Goodell is clueless when it comes to football and he's just nothing more than a businessman. What were the players supposed to say to their coaches, NO? The players were just following orders, you can't say no to coaches, unless you enjoy the bench.

Keep your f**king politics out of football, f**k you Goodell!

Hmm, don't think so. It looks as though the NFL have concluded that the players weren't victims here, with a Nuremberg defence, but active and enthusiastic participants.

I don't think a one or two game ban sends anywhere near a clear enough message to someone who was happy to end another players career.

yeah 1-2 games is just a slap in the wrist.

but i think this is more of a message to lawyers than to other players. goodell is trying to show that he's serious about player safety.
You can say NO to the coaches. You don't go out and injure a player and get paid for it.

And Vilma, and company were the ones who contributed the money to the bounty program.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

but i think this is more of a message to lawyers than to other players. goodell is trying to show that he's serious about player safety.

Yes, there is no question, a lot they are doing right now seems to be to protect themselves in future legal action. Which doesn't make it wrong of course.

Had he done less I think we would all be complaining that he had whimped out.
Darren Sharper still denying a bounty ever happened.
When I think about all the minor bs that can get a player suspended for 1-2 games I think these dirtbags got their just due.

Saints will be lucky to make .500 next year.
too light
Originally posted by TlSSER:

LOL, really? How can you deny something that was caught and tape and confirmed with emails?
Drew Brees needs an explanation.

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Yes, there is no question, a lot they are doing right now seems to be to protect themselves in future legal action. Which doesn't make it wrong of course.

Had he done less I think we would all be complaining that he had whimped out.

truth.

he dropped the hammer hard on the guys promoting the program. he had to do the same on the guys executing.

Originally posted by baltien:

LOL, really? How can you deny something that was caught and tape and confirmed with emails?

lol. he was just on NFLN w/ a phone interview...."i looked at the documents....there's no proof" lol.

lol. he was just on NFLN w/ a phone interview...."i looked at the documents....there's no proof" lol.

Marion Barry would be proud.

Definitely sucks to be a saints fan. Pretty much took the season away from them & their fans. I'm pretty sure every defense does the same thing except they don't get cocky with it. NFL has to cover themselves cause of legal action that can take place.

I'm listening to him on ESPN radio right now and he said that there was a bounty program. Only thing i heard him deny was the part about Vilma putting 10,000 up. He said that never happened.
Share 49ersWebzone