There are 247 users in the forums

110 kicked out of Candlestick Park during NFC Championship game

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Patrons at Sunday's NFC Championship game in San Francisco were bounced from Candlestick Park in record numbers, mostly for alcohol-related violations, police said. Officers booked 29 out of the 110 people kicked out, nearly double the number tossed from the previous week's game when the San Francisco 49ers took on the New Orleans Saints.

Police adopted a zero-tolerance policy when 57 people were ejected from the Jan. 14 game, Sgt. Michael Andraychak said in a news release.

Most of the arrests were made outside the stadium and were alcohol-related. Several of the people taken into custody were resisting arrest, he said.

One man inside the stadium had his 2-year-old son with him when he was charged with threatening an officer and child endangerment, Andraychak said. A woman was affected by pepper spray police used to subdue a suspect who assaulted two officers. The suspect was arrested and the woman returned to watch the game after being treated by medics.

Link..
Surprised it was not more. I read some of the undercover cops where wearing giants gear. My experience at the stick is 98% awasome fans, but that 2% or 1,500 can be brutal. I wonder how can they afford these tickets and 9 dollar beers.
FREE LOONEY

"Come At Me Bro"
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
LOONEY CLOONEY ASSAULTED TWO OFFICERS!!!???

TONY MONTANA TONY MONTANA TONY MONTANA
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

Originally posted by ImaMod:
Originally posted by Niner_Demon:

TONY MONTANA TONY MONTANA TONY MONTANA TONY MONTANA
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:

"Come At Me Bro"

the dude in the black hat, montana jersey, KO'd like 3 dudes.
I wonder how many of them were Giants fans or did they just target 49ers fans?

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by rudedog:
I wonder how many of them were Giants fans or did they just target 49ers fans?

i'm willing to bet none, or close. Visiting team fans are usually on their best behavior.
Glad that I didn't go. Would've been number 111.
One of the main reasons of why we lost this game
One defense, the NYG fans were waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tamer than the Saints fans last week. They were very nice and didn't try to bring attention to themselves, which I think brought down the total hazing aspect. They also didn't talk smack, which caught me by surprise...
Probably a lot of gang members going to games.... if the NFL wants to cut out the violence not serving beer would help. To them it's not an option because they would lose probably 100's of millions at 9 bucks a pop. Also, banning alcohol in the parking lot. Would be tough to dot but if they had undercover people walking around that might work. I don't get why people come to a game they paid big bucks for and spend 9.00 a beer to get wasted until they can't remember the game. I can see having maybe 1 beer but what's the point when you can sit at home and get drunk for cheaper if that's your intentions? Otherwise, if you want to be a social drunk go to a bar and watch the game.

P.S. Does anyone else think violence goes down once we are in Santa Clara? I'm assuming more of their citizens will go to games and they don't have much gang activity do they? Not saying people won't still make the drive from SF but I would think it would cut down on bad fans since it's like 45 minutes (?) longer to drive. I'm sure prices will be higher as well. Not saying the rich people can't be bad fans either.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 24, 2012 at 2:19 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone