LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 152 users in the forums

The Ray McDonald thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
The outrage over Ray Rice was understandable given that his incident was on You Tube. Everyone could see he knocked that woman out. I just hope, if this turns out to be nothing, that the NFL affords him due process.
Originally posted by Jesu80ncleats:
Didn't Harbaugh say if anyone touches a woman that they are gone from the team? do you recall? or anyone recall if that is true? very interesting to see what Jim does here IF Ray in fact is guilty.

I refuse to freak out about this until more comes out. It could turn-out to be much ado about nothing. And no, the NFL isn't going to take action regarding an allegation . . . unless there's a video.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by cciowa:
thanks for being a good team ray....... boone

team mate cc

Yea thanks for helping your team, Ray. Idiot.
Wtf Ray?!
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
IF....BIG IF....he is guilty, then I say cut him. We all railed on Ray Rice, time to be consistent. BUT FIRST, lets let the justice system sort it out.
Originally posted by Baldie:
WTF!!!! One week before the season starts to. Any of you think McDonald gets suspended this year?
This!!! and that's a good question, but normally these things get pushed over to next year cause of court dates getting pushed back etc etc. With this Ray Rice thing tho who knows?
Way to blow it dude!
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Nice timing, 6 games on the spot.
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Originally posted by Rascal:
If this turns out to be true, you know there will be suspension attached to it. Just great.

Goodell just made it mandatory 6 games for 1st offense domestic assault, trying to set a standard after the Ray Rice deal.

I hate mandatory sentencing. For all we know she attacked him and he grabbed her arm and left a bruise. Now that would be treated the same way as Sugar Ray Rice cold cocking his wife in a elevator and needing to drag her out. Lame.

I think you have to be convicted to get suspended.
Would the 6 game suspension come this year or next??
  • Veteran
Damian Trujillo ‏@newsdamian 7m
McDonald busted on same street where Aldon Smith wrecked during DUI
Originally posted by fropwns:
If he grabs her, he is touching her.

I said all she has to do is "say" he grabbed her or touched her...... Yeah, of course if he actually grabbed her or something worse and did it in front of people, then there's not a lot to talk about..
From roto-world . . .

49ers DE Ray McDonald was arrested on felony domestic violence charges at 5:30am Sunday morning.

Sources tell NBC Bay Area news reporter Damian Trujillo that McDonald's alleged victim was pregnant. He was officially booked for "inflicting injury on a spouse or cohabitant." Furthermore, the San Jose police are reportedly saying that there were other 49ers players present at the time of the incident. Note that Roger Goodell just finished apologizing to owners about how he handled the Ray Rice situation, and promised to enforce a more stringent set of rules for domestic violence that includes a six-game ban for first offenders. McDonald, who also got a DUI in 2010, has started 45 games over the last three seasons for the Niners.
Share 49ersWebzone