Originally posted by bigwads:
When GB gets into the playoffs I think we are going to be surprised at their lack of scoring. Conversely, I think we will be surprised at how many points are scored against the Niners.
The best defense GB has played is the Chicago Bears at #8 at 20.2. They also played the Falcons at #9 at 20.3. Interestingly, GB put 27 on the Bears and 25 on the Falcons.
The best offense the Niners have played is Detroit at #4 at 27.8. They also played the Ravens at #6 at 24.7. Detroit scored only 19 on us and the Ravens only scored 16.
GB did scored 5 and 7 pts over the Falcons and Bears defenses averages. The niners held Detroit to 8.8 pts under their average and the Ravens 8.7. Also, Detroit and the Ravens have better offenses than the Bears and Falcons have defenses.
What does this mean? Absolutely $hit, but it could mean that GB's offense is more overrated than the Niners defense is.
At the same time, Green Bay put up 48 points on Atlanta in the playoffs last year. They were ranked #5 in PPG and allowed like 18 PPG. They put up 31 points on the Steelers in the Super Bowl who averaged 14 PPG. I can't believe how many "Green Bay is overrated" threads I'm seeing on this board. Its ridiculous. Green Bay has won 18 straight games and during that stretch have never trailed in the 4th quarter. Since Week 9 of 2009 Green Bay is 34-8 and lost those 8 games by a combined 27 points. Stop saying Green Bay is overrated. Its getting ridiculous already.
I'd at least like to go into the next offseason optimistic and thinking we only have a few key areas to improve.