LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 229 users in the forums

poor TKO! The TAKEO SPIKES... his SAD STREAK WILL CONTINUE

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
guy was a good team leader(not as good as willis) who was good against the run(not as good as bowman) and poor in pass coverage. Guy was living in the giant shadow cast by P.willie and we have seen NO drop off in linebacker production in his absence .. in fact quite the opposite

he was a different team leader than willis since he was a little more vocal. he wasnt that bad in pass coverage, he had a 49er linebacker record for recording an interception in a game three weeks in a row
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
guy was a good team leader(not as good as willis) who was good against the run(not as good as bowman) and poor in pass coverage. Guy was living in the giant shadow cast by P.willie and we have seen NO drop off in linebacker production in his absence .. in fact quite the opposite

he was a different team leader than willis since he was a little more vocal. he wasnt that bad in pass coverage, he had a 49er linebacker record for recording an interception in a game three weeks in a row

at that point in time tko was a better team leader then willis and still MAY be, and for the most part he was a beast against the run there were a couple of times that a player got the best of him but i think for the most part he filtered them back to the heart of the D which isnt a mistake, it's what ya suppose to do especially for a 10+ year vet. bowman was garbage in coverage in his rookie year and this year i think fangio kept it ez for him until the last maybe say two games... kill the rb where ever he may go or do, shadow mobile qb's at times after that it's........ get to the ball.

give the dude his due he is and was a good player
[ Edited by Allx9er on Nov 23, 2011 at 7:17 PM ]
who got it bettter than WILLIS???????????? NOBBBBBBBODDYYYYYYY
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
I hope the packers sign him next year.

fixed!
Spikes was a bigger leader on the D than Willis was. TKO is alot like ray Lewis in that he can get his team mates fired up and ready to go. Willis didn't have to really start doing that until this year. I miss spikes, he was a good niner and I feel bad for him. But I'm glad he walked and now bowman is getting his shine
yes it will
Guess he shouldn't have left.
Feel sorry for him, but he can watch our linebackers do their thing in the playoffs this season
Originally posted by tohara3:
Feel sorry for him, but he can watch our linebackers do their thing in the playoffs this season

He can have chips and dip with Manuresky!
Really feel bad for the guy.

i dont feel sorry for him, his greedy gypsy ass jumped yet another team and it bit him in the ass again. i think every team hes been on has been to the playoffs after he left. maybe not right after but soon after
F**K TKO
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Good Riddance to the MUSH! I told my boy who is a chargers fan that he wasn't gonna make the playoffs this year cause of TKO
It's crazy man...it's like hes cursed. I know his sister and he was always cool...but he doesn't seem to be making an impact this season. This might be his last year....big changes coming in SD.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i dont feel sorry for him, his greedy gypsy ass jumped yet another team and it bit him in the ass again. i think every team hes been on has been to the playoffs after he left. maybe not right after but soon after

Greedy? He wanted to remain a starter in the NFL. Would I call you greedy by not accepting a pay cut and demotion at your job?

SD made a lot of sense at the time: familiar defense with Manusky as DC, talented defense based on the prior year's performance, and potent offense with Rivers, Gates, and Jackson.

I feel bad for the guy, but he's made bank in the NFL He stores the money in his neck.
Share 49ersWebzone