LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

NFL Bye Weeks

Shop 49ers game tickets
Does anyone think it might be best if all teams had their bye at the same time? Like everyone plays 8 games, then everyone has a week off, then everyone plays another 8...Last year we got screwed because we played like 2 or 3 teams that were coming off their bye (thankfully this year we don't play any) and it creates an unfair disadvantage. Also, it'd be easier to compare people's stats since everyone will have always played the same # of games.
hmm I couldnt go a week without the NFL
Originally posted by marshniners24:

This

You already go 31 weeks a year without it.

And it'd make you REALLY appreciate it when it came back though haha. Plus I'm sure college football could hold you over for ONE week.
[ Edited by andes14 on Oct 3, 2011 at 3:29 PM ]
Its all about the money-For the networks and the owners.
this is actually a really good idea. Plus you could be extra productive that weekend to make up for the first and next 8 weeks. Calendars can be printed each year so the women know this Sunday is the only one during football season where you may schedule us for stupid s**t
Originally posted by andes14:

You already go 31 weeks a year without it.

And it'd make you REALLY appreciate it when it came back though haha. Plus I'm sure college football could hold you over for ONE week.

Waiting in between by weeks is like waiting during the off season. One thing they did that I like is that instead of in the past having a few teams a week with a bye and having it start like week 3 and go through week 15-16 they now have them all within 6 weeks. Earliest is week 5 and latest is week 11 with week 10 skipped.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/byeweeks.cfm

It was always unfair when they broke them up over almost the entire season and some teams would get bye week at week 3 when you didn't need it and then other get them week 15 or 16 when they are dog tired and need to rest for playoffs/playoff push.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Oct 3, 2011 at 6:53 PM ]
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Waiting in between by weeks is like waiting during the off season. One thing they did that I like is that instead of in the past having a few teams a week with a bye and having it start like week 3 and go through week 15-16 they now have them all within 6 weeks. Earliest is week 5 and latest is week 11 with week 10 skipped.
http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/byeweeks.cfm

It was always unfair when they broke them up over almost the entire season and some teams would get bye week at week 3 when you didn't need it and then other get them week 15 or 16 when they are dog tired and need to rest for playoffs/playoff push.

The funniest was when teams had week 1 byes.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Its all about the money-For the networks and the owners.

this. it would be cool though if they only had two bye weeks on week 8 and 9

I doubt it would happen, NFL would lose money that week, and they care more about money than anything else.
i woudln't mind that. they could have all-day highlight specials and replays of the best games of the year so far. it would be almost like an All-Star break, with a week to celebrate the first half of the season.

but...the current system is fine too.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I doubt it would happen, NFL would lose money that week, and they care more about money than anything else.

That's the reason it will never happen. Why on gods green earth would the NFL voluntarily give up a week of advertising profits? It's been defined as an advantage and disadvantage . . . I don't think it's a big deal other way. But they should at least do a sanity check on the schedule to make sure a single team isn't lined up against fresh teams too many times . . . or try to work it so that in most cases both teams are coming off byes.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

That's the reason it will never happen. Why on gods green earth would the NFL voluntarily give up a week of advertising profits? It's been defined as an advantage and disadvantage . . . I don't think it's a big deal other way. But they should at least do a sanity check on the schedule to make sure a single team isn't lined up against fresh teams too many times . . . or try to work it so that in most cases both teams are coming off byes.

agreed. It is sad, the whole time during the lockout, it was about trying to bring the best for the fans. Yeah if you mean gauging fans then sure.

I imagine if they go from 16 to 18 games, imagine ticket holders, and then the nfl ticket going up. Tell me how thats good for fans.
in theory this sounds like a great idea
Share 49ersWebzone