LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 185 users in the forums

Andrew Luck to the Colts?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Janitor:
When Luck craps out I'm going to pee my pants laughing.
Crap out??? Sorry, I'm not a native speaker. My dictionary tells me sth like "to strike" etc...
I think of bust or staying in school again.
If Peyton Manning has played his final down in the NFL, the Indianapolis Colts might not be on the hook for the remainder of the five-year, $90 million contract extension the quarterback signed July 31.
NFL Network's Michael Lombardi reported Friday that Manning would be eligible for termination pay in the amount of $1 million in 2012 and $500,000 in 2013 if his recent neck surgery prevents him from playing again, according to a league source. Manning's contract includes a $28 million non-guaranteed option and a separate $28 million non-exercise fee in place if Indianapolis chooses not to pick up the previous option, the source told Lombardi.
Listen to the 2011 NFL season LIVE -- hear all the action online in premium sound quality with NFL Audio Pass. Sign up now!
According to Lombardi, terms of the deal leave a small window in which the Colts could cut Manning and not pay either sum, meaning he would earn $26.4 million in 2011.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822145c1/article/contract-gives-colts-options-if-manning-doesnt-return-to-field?module=HP11_headline_stack

Interesting, so they will have the money to sign a #1 pick, trade for someone else's QB or something.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
is this injury really career threatening?
If that happens and they go from Manning to Luck I will cry.
Originally posted by backontop:

I'm still convinced without pulling some major trade strings, they won't get luck. And we won't be bad enough this season to get luck either.

I will cry when Seattle Drafts luck..

We will then have bradford, and luck in our division.. and be stuck with Kaep the project, Tolzien our savior, and Alex Upside smith.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by backontop:

I'm still convinced without pulling some major trade strings, they won't get luck. And we won't be bad enough this season to get luck either.

I will cry when Seattle Drafts luck..

We will then have bradford, and luck in our division.. and be stuck with Kaep the project, Tolzien our savior, and Alex Upside smith.

i know man!!! the rams and seahawks are so screwed!!!
I heard a neat little bit of trivia today. The last QB to start for the Colts before Peyton Manning is Jim Harbaugh.
I really wanted Manning to beat Favres record, too bad it won't happen now.
34-0 Houston??
  • rserda
  • Veteran
I hope Luck likes it in Indianapolis
If Niners don't get Luck, just wish NO ONE in our division does. Seattle should finish with worst record in the NFC West. Let's hope they don't draft him.

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
If Niners don't get Luck, just wish NO ONE in our division does. Seattle should finish with worst record in the NFC West. Let's hope they don't draft him.

agreed
Luck will pull a Elway and not want to go to Indy. Not because Indy sucks but from everything I am hearing is that while Manning might be out for the year he should recover 100% from this injury. Manning just signed a what? A 5 year contract? Luck will not want to go there and sit as much as 4 years behind Manning.
There is no team I want Luck to go to, especially a divisional opponent, but ours and that isn't likely to happen. In all honestly, if he has to go somewhere other than San Francisco, I wouldn't be horrible if he goes to Indianapolis. I am sure a lot of NFL fans hated us when we went from Montana to Young.
Originally posted by 49ersRednGold:
There is no team I want Luck to go to, especially a divisional opponent, but ours and that isn't likely to happen. In all honestly, if he has to go somewhere other than San Francisco, I wouldn't be horrible if he goes to Indianapolis. I am sure a lot of NFL fans hated us when we went from Montana to Young.

we didnt draft young though we traded for him, luck is up for grabs whenever he comes out. whoever is willing to put up whatever it takes to jump up and get that pick.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for monsterzero789.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Luck will pull a Elway and not want to go to Indy. Not because Indy sucks but from everything I am hearing is that while Manning might be out for the year he should recover 100% from this injury. Manning just signed a what? A 5 year contract? Luck will not want to go there and sit as much as 4 years behind Manning.

Lets say hypothetically, that the Colts do end up with the #1 pick. I would say they would be the only team in the league (that are potential candidates to end up with #1 overall) that would trade that pick.
Share 49ersWebzone