Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Interesting old article from a few years back.

Quote:

The 49ers released Bryant on March 1, 2007 – not just because of his arrest but also because of his conflicts with quarterback Alex Smith, the No. 1 overall pick in the ’05 draft.

Bryant says Smith operated under a different set of rules and that he was slow to pick up the 49ers offense.

“You go to practice, and you go over something over and over again,” Bryant says. “When are you going to figure this out?”

Quote:

The 49ers insisted Bryant meet with them in Indianapolis during the NFL scouting combine. The club, according to Bryant, wanted him to undergo a psychological evaluation, which he begrudgingly agreed to do. He was then offended from the outset.

“A white woman comes in,” Bryant says, “and the first thing she said to me was, ‘I can help you. My husband is black.’

“Once she told me that, I looked at her like, ‘That was it.’ So I got a problem because I’m black? I felt insulted. Then she was asking me crazy questions.”

link

Interesting Quote he had on Alex. Did not know their relationship was bad. They seemed to have some chemistry out on the field in 2006. Bryant was never the same after doing 120 MPH on the 101 in his orange Lambo