49ers vs. Seahawks Tickets Available! →

There are 380 users in the forums

NFL nick-names

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I was watching the top 10 things we miss about football and one of them was nicknames. I was wondering if you can think of any good nick names for any current or former NFL player.

I'll get the ball rolling.

Colin "the cannon" Kaepernick

CALLIN KaptaiNick
"Colin."
"Colin Kaepernick"
I like both 'colin' or 'kaepernick' simple and to the point. but to be honest the only nickname i think should stick on the 49ers is the inconvenient truth
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 42,465
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I like both 'colin' or 'kaepernick' simple and to the point. but to be honest the only nickname i think should stick on the 49ers is the inconvenient truth

I wonder why The Duke never made its way to the NFL... Funny how everybody would rather call him V.D.
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
  • Posts: 49,071
Tom "The Lady" Brady
Aldon "Long Dong" Smith
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
I like both 'colin' or 'kaepernick' simple and to the point. but to be honest the only nickname i think should stick on the 49ers is the inconvenient truth

colin "brother of rectal" kaepernick
IMO, the best nicknames incorporate the player's name or something about the player or their past (maybe what school they went to, a distinguished physical attribute, etc.). I hate nicknames like Michael Irvin's- "the playmaker"...you can give anyone that nickname. So I don't think "cannon" is a great nickname for Kaepernick. One of my favorites is over in the NBA with Joel Przybilla the vanilla gorilla.

My favorites are the ones where we use their names.

Like Colin

Or here is my favorite one for Joe Montana:

Joe Montana
One of my faves was before he became Sir Charles, Barkley's nickname was "The Round Mound of Rebound".

Not really on topic, sorry.
[ Edited by DaManRathman on Aug 5, 2011 at 10:43 AM ]
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 28,036
Speaking of nicknames, how the hell did Sasha Vujieck (sp?) ever get the nickname "the machine". Dude was a scrub.

End rant.
What's with Flacco being called "joe cool"?
Jon Steven "Steve" Young
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone