LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 323 users in the forums

haynesworth traded to the patriots

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HessianDud:
pretty good move by the Pats. and Lol at the Redskins.

as for people complaining that we don't make these kinds of moves: the Pats are an established winning team with a veteran core that has been in the system for awhile and stability at HC and in the FO and owner's box. Not saying we shouldn't be jealous of that, but lets be realistic: few NFL teams would want the headache of Haynesworth, and fewer would be able to handle it. The Pats can.

This is spot on
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
I thought Haynesworth didn't want to play in a 3-4 defense and that was one of the reasons he didn't get along in Washington?

If the Pats can get something out of him, and I sure they can,then that team just got a whole lot better.

He isn't interested in being a NT as far as I am aware. This is a trade move.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I will laugh my ass off if he lights it up over there.

You can bet he will.

The hoodie always gets the most out of defensive players.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I thought Haynesworth didn't want to play in a 3-4 defense and that was one of the reasons he didn't get along in Washington?

If the Pats can get something out of him, and I sure they can,then that team just got a whole lot better.

He isn't interested in being a NT as far as I am aware. This is a trade move.

He won't be, unless he (or Brace) gives Wilfork a breather here and there. He may play some 5 technique, as well as 4-3 DT. The Pats play a lot of 4-3 nickel and are expeted to use more 4-3 base fronts now.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
pretty good move by the Pats. and Lol at the Redskins.

as for people complaining that we don't make these kinds of moves: the Pats are an established winning team with a veteran core that has been in the system for awhile and stability at HC and in the FO and owner's box. Not saying we shouldn't be jealous of that, but lets be realistic: few NFL teams would want the headache of Haynesworth, and fewer would be able to handle it. The Pats can.

This is spot on

It's just like the 9ers during the dynasty...people would come to play..out of position..for less money..or as a back up...

Everyone wants to win and if you've made enough money, then you just want a ring and or to feel good that you're a contender every year. Losing sucks.

It makes sense, since Belichick runs such a fluidly hybrid 3-4/4-3 defensive scheme, Bill can place just about ANYBODY into his defense AND THEY WILL s**t GOLD!
I'm sure his attitude won't be an issue on a team with true leadership from top to bottom.

The main question is his physical condition.

How long before he gets injured? I give him 2-3 weeks into TC.
Man, the Pats just make it happen.

Agree with everyone saying it's a lot to do with their winning ways, great organization from top to bottom.

At the end of the day, people want to play for the hoodie, Kraft, and the Patriots.

I wish we were like that
Of all of the places this jackass could go and actually succeed, NE was the #1 place. This is going to be a steal for them and he is going to go back to TEN Haynesworth. For those lamenting why the Niners don't make trades like this, it's because we are not equipped to handle players like that, at least not yet. The old Niner teams would have been able to make a move like this, but not this one. It would be a disaster. Only teams like NE, PIT, BAL, etc can bring guys like him, Moss or whoever in and have them perform and abide by the rules. I miss the good ol' days of being a winner.

[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Jul 28, 2011 at 11:44:17 ]

Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Agree with everyone saying it's a lot to do with their winning ways, great organization from top to bottom.

At the end of the day, people want to play for the hoodie, Kraft, and the Patriots.

I wish we were like that

If only we had a different owner.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by QBguru:
Why can't baalke make trades like these..I guess that why the patriots are one of the best teams in the last decade

Because he's Baalke.

No, it's because this team is owned and run by f**king morons, while the Patriots are owned and run by f**king geniuses.

yes

f**k yes
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:
Originally posted by valrod33:
My favorite AFC team

WTF Valrod???

Originally posted by chico49erfan:

I wish we were like that

The Patriots are crafty. 5th round pick for that kind of potential. Haynesworth, Wilfork, and Warren
Share 49ersWebzone