LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 289 users in the forums

Derrick Mason on Roger Goodell: "He's a joke"

Shop 49ers game tickets
I'd normally agree with him, but his reason why is kinda suspicious. He's on Goodell's case because of his pursuit of HGH testing instead of just trying to get a deal done. Many people say that HGH is the NFL's dirty little secret, and that a huge portion of the guys playing are on it.

Thought this was a strange thing to take a stand on, and definitely raises my eyebrows.

link
I actually do agree that Goodell is a joke. Compared to Rozelle and Taliabue, he's just a suit, and that's it. Another f***ing lawyer put in charge of something and running into the ground.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
I actually do agree that Goodell is a joke. Compared to Rozelle and Taliabue, he's just a suit, and that's it. Another f***ing lawyer put in charge of something and running into the ground.

Sure, but of all the reasons why you could say that...it's because he's pursuing HGH testing?
His point is get the deal done so we can play! I agree with that. He could lobby for testing anytime, now he is just adding one more thing to argue about!
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Sure, but of all the reasons why you could say that...it's because he's pursuing HGH testing?

I just wrote an article about this. I don't want the mods to consider it spam so I won't give the website, but I sell HGH legally from Mexico. You can ship it to the USA and most other countries since it is not a federally controlled substance like steroids.

HGH is made naturally in your body and is measured by your IGF-1 (Insulin like Growth Factors type 1) in your blood. Your body decreases the production of natural GH after 25 and anyone 40 and over can have their blood test drawn and their IGF-1 levels will be so diminshed that they can get a prescription for HGH.

So now Goodell wants to measure IGF-1 levels in the body? Makes no sense. How can he differentiate what is natural HGH vs. GH? I is impossible. Now if a player has 3-4 times the amount of IGF-1 levels of a normal human being, than may be, but a normal dose of 1-3 IU per day should not be distinguishable under a test. All the test does is scare NFL players and make them go give random blood tests.

If he spent 1 hour on the phone with one of the thousand USA HGH therapy treatment centers he would know this.

The other two were lawyers. Don't think that Goodell is.
Well there's one thing Mr. Mason and I agree on.

-9fA
I dont understand the hate for Goodell.
The owners opted out of a s**tty deal.
The players want to take it to court.

Goodell doesn't control either. (I understand Goodell is paid by the owners but if they want to do something they can still do it themselves.)
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Goodell doesn't control either. (I understand Goodell is paid by the owners but if they want to do something they can still do it themselves.)

rule changes
  • BobS
  • Veteran
The thing I don't like about Goodell is that he seems real inconsistent when he meats out punishment. I think the commissioner should have to have his decisions voted on by a panel of some sort. He should not have a dictatorship.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

rule changes

This. And nothing but rule changes, hes totally made the game softer and more stricter.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Can't love everything about a true leader. It's the nature of the position. I'm a fan of Goodell.

I hope he gets frequent HGH testing and exposes illegal substance abusers for the frauds they are.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

The other two were lawyers. Don't think that Goodell is.

Rozelle wasn't a lawyer to my knowledge. He was a publicist and worked in the Rams front office.

Taglibue was a lawyer

Goodell is the son of a US Senator (need I say more) and his degree is in economics. Funny, that the two that were not Lawyers ended up having strikes during their tenure and the guy with the economics degree can't get the twosides to agree on the NFL's economics.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

I just wrote an article about this. I don't want the mods to consider it spam so I won't give the website, but I sell HGH legally from Mexico. You can ship it to the USA and most other countries since it is not a federally controlled substance like steroids.

HGH is made naturally in your body and is measured by your IGF-1 (Insulin like Growth Factors type 1) in your blood. Your body decreases the production of natural GH after 25 and anyone 40 and over can have their blood test drawn and their IGF-1 levels will be so diminshed that they can get a prescription for HGH.

So now Goodell wants to measure IGF-1 levels in the body? Makes no sense. How can he differentiate what is natural HGH vs. GH? I is impossible. Now if a player has 3-4 times the amount of IGF-1 levels of a normal human being, than may be, but a normal dose of 1-3 IU per day should not be distinguishable under a test. All the test does is scare NFL players and make them go give random blood tests.

If he spent 1 hour on the phone with one of the thousand USA HGH therapy treatment centers he would know this.

This is an interesting perspective, and if accurate, it would change my opinion. I guess it would depend on what degree these guys are taking it. Perhaps the normal dose is 1-3 IU per day for a normal person who's just trying to get their HGH back to normal levels, but in order for an athlete to enhance their performance, they'd have to take much more, and to detectable levels.

You obviously know more about it than I do though. Is 1-3 IU per day enough to have a significant performance enhancing effect? I'd imagine that there'd be a threshold of acceptability for HGH levels in someone's system.
[ Edited by LA9erFan on Apr 7, 2011 at 12:05 PM ]
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

This is an interesting perspective, and if accurate, it would change my opinion. I guess it would depend on what degree these guys are taking it. Perhaps the normal dose is 1-3 IU per day for a normal person who's just trying to get their HGH back to normal levels, but in order for an athlete to enhance their performance, they'd have to take much more, and to detectable levels.

You obviously know more about it than I do though. Is 1-3 IU per day enough to have a significant performance enhancing effect? I'd imagine that there'd be a threshold of acceptability for HGH levels in someone's system.

1 IU/day after 6 months is more than enough to see the difference, especially in older NFL players (30+). There is a threshold, that is why I don't understand some bodybuilders take 5+ IU/day. IF an NFL player who makes 50X the average salary of a "normal" person, can't spend a 1K to discuss HGH with an anti-aging specialiast MD, then they deserve to be caught by Goodell's "system."
Share 49ersWebzone