There are 266 users in the forums

No Fun League in FULL effect...new rule changes

Shop 49ers game tickets
whats the point of playing tackle football anymore? Might as well play 2 hand touch

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6223700

"ILLEGAL HITS
NFL to be more aggressive with suspensions for illegal hits next season. Rules defining defenseless players expanded to eight categories:

• QB in act of throwing
• Receiver trying to catch pass
• Runner in grasp with forward progress stopped
• Player fielding punt or kickoff
• Kicker or punter during kick
• QB after change of possession
• Receiver who receives blind-side block
• Player already on ground"
Its funny Becuase High School football seems to protect their players less and they are just kids. I know what they are trying to do but at some point you just have to let the players play.
This has to be a joke...
Folks got over upset last year about the rule changes and it didn't change the game one bit. They are way too sensitive but I won't have much of an effect on the game.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Folks got over upset last year about the rule changes and it didn't change the game one bit. They are way too sensitive but I won't have much of an effect on the game.

I wouldnt go that far, I seem to remember an awful lot of drives being extended due to so called " Illegal hits". Much more so then in years past.
the one that bugs me more is moving a touchback to the 25 yard line. that's lame.

most of the "illegal hit" stuff makes sense to me except for the QB during change of possession. what happens if he's trying to make a tackle? i just want to be sure that he is no longer a "defenseless player" if he's involved in the play.

but as someone else said, people were up in arms last season and the overall effect on the game was negligible.
All of these changes suck. YOu're not allowed to hit a QB while he's throwing? WTF do they expect for the defense to do, just stop miraculously and get rid of all they're momentum when they're trying to sack the guy? This is f**king stupid. The kickoff rule is horrible. You're not allowed to hit a WR catching a ball? So you are just supposed to let him catch it and then run to the end zone? These changes f**kin suck, Goodell sucks ass. I miss Paul Tagliabue.
If they're strict about these rules, there will be a lot of fines next year
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I remember so many "hits" to the QBs head. More like hands grazing the helmet. 15 yard penalty. Nonsense. Why not just make it 2 hand touch?

Gotta love all these rules to protect players yet the commish wants them to play 2 more regular season games
But I thought the owners don't care about the players and just want to exploit them for mad cash.

F*ck it. I don't even want football back.

This is a joke. If you can't hit the QB in the act of throwing or hit the receiver in the act of a catch the league is dead.
Originally posted by tjd808185:

This is a joke. If you can't hit the QB in the act of throwing or hit the receiver in the act of a catch the league is dead.

I`d like to hear some more clarification on these two rules especially.

So no more fumbles from the QB when in the act of throwing? Is that now a penalty?

And are you supposed to just let the wr catch the ball and then hit him?

Or is it you just cant hit the QB in the helmet while throwing or hitting the WR the same way?

We need some clarification on the rule changes.

[ Edited by CoachingMatters on Mar 16, 2011 at 15:04:46 ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Cosigned, rather go watch the UFL
It is killing me some of the rules they come up with...

Or was this to make it ok to add the 2 games none of want.
This is the only good rule change

REPLAY CHANGES?
• Committee will propose making all scoring plays reviewable. Replay official would order replays on any touchdowns, field goals, safeties and extra points without the coaches needing to challenge. Similar to current system for final two minutes of each half and overtime.
Share 49ersWebzone