LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

Should we as fans boycott the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Could we send a message to both players and owners by boycotting NFL products?

Say, like Esco suggested in the CBA thread, boycott the NFL Draft? (not watch it, nor attend it). Should we also boycott the NFL Network, nfl.com and any/all other NFL affiliates? (and instead get our NFL news thru ESPN and other networks/websites)

• mod
  • Veteran
sorry... but i'm gonna watch the draft
What I have been saying for the past 4 hours. Going to the draft tickets are free so it wouldn't hurt them if we boycotted that but chanting f**k You NFL or f**k You DeSmith or boo from the time Goodell walks onto the stage to announce the draft to 15 minutes later when he is going to announce the Panthers pick.

Other ways would be to boycott the first game but they would block it out on tv if nobody went. Like those guys said it will never happen because fans wouldn't unite.
should we? Yes
will we? No
Originally posted by modninerfan:

why? It's nothing overly exciting that you can't be updated thru twitter or some other way
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
I would love to see the fans send a message but it would take a significant number of us to make a difference. Right now I think it would be tough to expect enough fans to care enough to boycott the draft or cancel NFL related services. But if you look at it from this perspective, even if you don't watch the draft live you can still follow the results online.

Anyway these things take discipline and organization as others have suggested and I'm not sure there is enough support for that yet.
i had planned all along to watch the draft, i fully expected a lengthy/complicated cba negotiations, nothing has changed for me, maybe its the ppl that actually thought this would get done who are pretty pissed, pretty understandable but i expected this too happen, never thought for a second a deal was coming this soon
how do you boycott something that isn't happening?

even if not a single person watched or attended the draft. what after that? lol
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by modninerfan:

why? It's nothing overly exciting that you can't be updated thru twitter or some other way

I like watching it happen live with all the highlights and analysis, especially now that they sped it up. I like to watch the players walk on stage and hold up that jersey.
I've been boycotting the 49ers for years. Nothing has changed to make me reconsider that boycott.

Hey, the Giants are on tonight. Yeah, it's spring training ball. But it's far more interesting and competitive than anything the Niners have put on the field for darn near a decade.

I'm going to support the team -- and the ownership -- that has made solid moves to back the fans. They've nurtured the best pitching and found some great hitting. They've made the game competitive. They've made it fun and exciting to watch.

Giants ownership is -- in fact -- the Anti-Niners.

So -- I'll back them. I won't miss the NFL come this fall. F them.
Originally posted by MaliCali:
how do you boycott something that isn't happening?

even if not a single person watched or attended the draft. what after that? lol

If fans were to organize; which would never happen; the best strategy would be to send the NFL a letter of intent. Something like we won't show up for as many games that are missed due to work stoppage. So if weeks 1-4 are not played, and the CBA is agreed, and they started playing in week 5....we fans would not show up until week 9. If all of 2011 is missed. We won't show up until 2013 season begins.

Something like that. And it would be important to emphasize the not showing up part, because even if you already have paid for the seats, you would have to promise just not to attend the game.
someone should start a site called "Isupportthefans.com" and spread some info.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
someone should start a site called "Isupportthefans.com" and spread some info.

Someone has, though sadly it's mostly filled with support for ceiling fans.

• Chief
  • Veteran
lol, you can't boycott if it doesn't exist.
Share 49ersWebzone