LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 425 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Peter King: Harbaugh to Michigan at this stage don't see it happening coaching and recruiting is a hurdle.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Peter King: Harbaugh to Michigan at this stage don't see it happening coaching and recruiting is a hurdle.

Peter King @SI_PeterKing
RT @rmiguelmarblesr: Where do u see Jim Harbaugh coaching next year? … I don't know. At Mich, coaching/recruiting staff would be a hurdle.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by midrdan:
Harbaugh isn't coming back. It's over. And at this point who cares why. The FO failed. Harbaugh is an SOB. Harbaugh's "system" is inept. Whatever. As a fan, it was pretty fun to actually be in the mix every year after a decade-long hiatus.

The bottom line is that Harbaugh was the best HC we have had since Bill Walsh. There is no replacement that will surpass what he has achieved. So bring on Gase or McDaniels or Tomsula or whomever. It won't matter. We are headed for 5 years of mediocrity.

Thanks Jim, it was a fun ride.

BS. The mediocrity would happen if Roman et al came back and no one tried to improve things.

I agree the offense has never been amazing under Harbaugh. We disagree whether that is all on Harbaugh - there are problems with our personnel and injuries this year along the line have been a legitimate issue. But Harbaugh is a really good coach. His worst season and he's .500. We were far from mediocre from 2011-2013 with Roman and Solari and all the other scapegoats.
Originally posted by midrdan:
I agree the offense has never been amazing under Harbaugh. We disagree whether that is all on Harbaugh - there are problems with our personnel and injuries this year along the line have been a legitimate issue. But Harbaugh is a really good coach. His worst season and he's .500. We were far from mediocre from 2011-2013 with Roman and Solari and all the other scapegoats.

Harbaugh is a really good coach. That's a fact! Question is can his offense win us a Super Bowl? If not we need to retain our defensive staff and find us an offense that can even if we have to change the HC
#KeepHarbaugh
LOL at people saying we should keep Harblah!! What are we supposed to do... Keep a guy who is letting his own personal loyalty to a piss poor playcaller (Greg Roman) GET IN THE WAY of this team hoisting a Lombardi, simply because he took McCLOUGHAN/SINGLETARY's team (and NOT a team of his own guys assembled by himself!!) to 3 NFCCG & a Super Bowl?? Really?? Im starting to think that some of these "Harblah Homer" people on here are REALLY undercover Seattle fans & they have "nefarious" reasons for wanting us to keep Harblah! You know, the same guy who's now COME UP SHORT 4 straight years now; the same guy who throws temper tantrums & hissy-fits on the sidelines when he cant get his way with the refs instead of preparing & coaching the team properly to be able to handle the refs trying to screw us over & OVERCOMING the penalties (if he can act that way in PUBLIC, I can only IMAGINE how he acts behind closed doors in meetings with the FO!!); the same guy who says Kap is great with a capital G... even though we see otherwise; the same guy who gives F.Gore his carries in the 1st half... only to give him no carries in the 2nd half (didnt F.Gore get into a spat with him LAST YEAR on the sidelines for this very same reason?!); the same guy who cant figure out clock management after 4 years at the helm now; the same guy who had A.Luck as his QB in college but never got to a National Championship Game; the same guy who's medieval ass 1970's Bo Schembechler offensive philosophy shtick has been checkmated & figured out by D-Coordinators around the league now & he has no counter move (Reminds me of Marty Schottenheimer & his "Marty-Ball" offense!!); & the same guy who's officially now Pete "The Cheat's" little beiotch!! Yeah... must be nice to want to KEEP a guy who consistently keeps coming up short yr after yr and who ALMOST got the job done!! Dayum shame guys like F.Gore & J.Smith wont be able to get a ring because of Harblah & his band of Keystone Cops on the offensive side of the ball, pissing away the talent & window of opportunity!!
And another thing... concerning the leaks about Harblah all throughout this year. A GOOD COACH would have used that doubt & negative media leaks to motivate & galvanize this team TOGETHER on the way to clinching a playoff spot & hoisting a Lombardi... DESPITE injuries, DESPITE the media leaks & DESPITE the refs tryna screw you over!!
You would have thought we would have been LOSING games this year because on injuries on the defense... NOT because of piss poor schemes & playcalling on offense! When defenses are calling out your plays & knowing what you're gonna do BEFORE the snap... The jig is up at that point!!
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Eddie Debartolo would never let Harbaugh go if he were in this situation. Anyone with half a brain can see that we began winning again in 2011 BECAUSE of Harbaugh. It's no coincidence that as soon as he arrives we rise out of the depths of darkness and go to 3 straight NFC championships.

Now were just going to up and let him go because Baalke thinks he has the biggest dick? Umm well Baalke has been around on this team a bit longer and we sucked. He also whiffed on the entire 2012 draft. Also, it doesn't matter if you're talented. If you don't have the coach to put it together, you're not going anywhere.

Jed York and the upper management are giving in to exactly what the media and our opponents want, and that's to let Harbaugh go. It's as clear as day that's what the opposition wants, and York seems to be ok with going through with it. Yeah let's just get rid of the best thing that has happened to this team in 20 years in Jim Harbaugh. That's real smart. We haven't had this much success since we won our last superbowl.

Brace yourselves for possibly more painful losing seasons if Harbaugh is kicked to the curb or leaves. York, Baalke, and the rest of upper management really aren't too bright if that's the case. Suppose to be professionals and work things out for the best of the team. Instead, egos are getting in the way and it's ridiculous and the fans deserve much better.

This is correct. You get it.

LOL!! People exposing their lack of knowledge about Eddie D who wanted to fire Walsh many times and this was AFTER he won TWO Super Bowls.

LOL you think I don't know that? That's because Eddie D was as competitive as it gets, but when he was able to cool down and look at things, what'd he end up doing? Walsh stuck around. Seems you're exposing your lack of knowledge. Now Eddie D is older and much wiser and I can guarantee you he realizes Harbaugh is the best option out there.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
If fangio leaves too, i might be with you. If we retain Fangio and get a mediocre OC, why would we not be better than this year? I simply don't feel so down about the niners potential the next couple of years.
If we had an offense worth a sh** these last 3 years we would have come out with at least 2 super bowl wins.

Huh?

mediocre is an upgrade over roman
That's not saying much.

thats the point he's making.....Roman is so bad that if we can retain Fangio and replace Roman with a mediocre OC, we still will be in good shape

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Jboobie:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Eddie Debartolo would never let Harbaugh go if he were in this situation. Anyone with half a brain can see that we began winning again in 2011 BECAUSE of Harbaugh. It's no coincidence that as soon as he arrives we rise out of the depths of darkness and go to 3 straight NFC championships.

Now were just going to up and let him go because Baalke thinks he has the biggest dick? Umm well Baalke has been around on this team a bit longer and we sucked. He also whiffed on the entire 2012 draft. Also, it doesn't matter if you're talented. If you don't have the coach to put it together, you're not going anywhere.

Jed York and the upper management are giving in to exactly what the media and our opponents want, and that's to let Harbaugh go. It's as clear as day that's what the opposition wants, and York seems to be ok with going through with it. Yeah let's just get rid of the best thing that has happened to this team in 20 years in Jim Harbaugh. That's real smart. We haven't had this much success since we won our last superbowl.

Brace yourselves for possibly more painful losing seasons if Harbaugh is kicked to the curb or leaves. York, Baalke, and the rest of upper management really aren't too bright if that's the case. Suppose to be professionals and work things out for the best of the team. Instead, egos are getting in the way and it's ridiculous and the fans deserve much better.

Love your passion, Brother! Strap on the kevlar, cause it's going to get ugly up in here. But our job is to carry this franchise through the dark times, while others gravy train the good. You have an ability to see through the BS. That is what I'm looking for.

And if they retain Harbaugh, and in consequence Roman, Morton and Mangini, how are you going to carry the franchise through that?

No, things will have to change. They have to be professionals on both sides and do what's best for the team. You do realize Harbaugh values winning over all right? He will get rid of Roman if he feels it gives him the best chance to win. Loyalty comes second for him. Look at what happened with Alex Smith.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
A) All defensive coaches stay, any one as HC and Pee Wee Herman is OC = we do the same as this year.

B) All defensive coaches stay, find mediocre HC/OC = we can sneak into playoffs.

C) All defensive coaches stay, get a good HC/OC = Deep into the playoffs.

D) All defensive coaches stay, brilliant HC/OC = 6th ring!!
Heard Pat Kirwin say on Sirius radio this morning he was "told" that the Niners will be looking for a "young offensive assistant" to replace Harbaugh. To me, that leaves out an ex NFL head coach retread, as well as a HC from the college ranks.

This is my formula exactly. Get a young, aggressive, innovative offensive guy that can train and coach up what's going to be a new QB. Super Bowls are almost always won by head coaches in their first ten years in that job. Trent knows what he's doing, and I'm excited to see 49er football back again next year.

They also said that the highest paid HC in the NFL is Sean Peyton at $8mil per year, or the same as Michigan is reportedly offering Harbaugh. Harbaugh can't get that in the NFL, and Kirwin thinks Harbaugh is just using (jacking around) Michigan to leverage the best deal he can get, and he'll have every intention of staying in the NFL at one of the 7 or 8 vacancies that will open up. He specifically speculated Atlanta with Matt Ryan as a possibility.

He also said he knows of one owner that would be willing to go as high as $10 mil for the right coach, so who knows, maybe he can beat Michigan's offer.
[ Edited by BOI49er on Dec 20, 2014 at 3:18 PM ]
Originally posted by maximusdecimus:
If fangio leaves too, i might be with you. If we retain Fangio and get a mediocre OC, why would we not be better than this year? I simply don't feel so down about the niners potential the next couple of years.
If we had an offense worth a sh** these last 3 years we would have come out with at least 2 super bowl wins.

Huh?

mediocre is an upgrade over roman
That's not saying much.

thats the point he's making.....Roman is so bad that if we can retain Fangio and replace Roman with a mediocre OC, we still will be in good shape

This is a point I was making midseason. When I was throwing around names like Dirk Koetter in October/early November. If we only had an average offense, average redzone offense, etc, this is an 11-3/12-2 team. The defense could really cut loose with some real leads. I'm having a hard time believing/accepting that Jim Harbaugh, who played in the NFL for 14 seasons would not adapt, grow, and change to stay ahead of the curve. Whatever this issue is, I don't think it is irreparable.
The more I hear about harbaugh leaving the more fictional it is, "Harbaugh torn about Michigan"?? Jus cause he's ignoring them doesn't mean he can't decided.

If he was about the money he'd take that offer in a heartbeat. He'll be here for next yr
Share 49ersWebzone