There are 217 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by JE4931:
Here's the problem with Harbaugh (as I see it)... Yes, he wins, but his PHILOSOPHY is more of the Schembechler style. Good enough to win games in the regular season & get you to the playoffs, but not good enough to WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!! Harbaugh has NEVER won "anything of significance" as a player or as a coach! He never won a National Championship as a player or as a coach (even WITH LUCK as his QB!!), never has won anything in the NFL as a player or as a coach (besides 1 NFC Championship... 1-4 overall conference championship record) and 0-2 in Super Bowls as a coach!! At some point, you have to "wake up & smell the coffee" & realize that maybe your philosophy doesnt work as you thought it would. At some point, you have to realize your OC sucks at play-calling & players may not be as good as you initially thought they were &/or used to be. You cannot let loyalty to a scheme, coach &/or player(s) GET IN THE WAY of achieving success at the next level!! Maybe its time for him to take a page out of his brother's playbook (John Harbaugh).

This problem of him being stubborn & arrogant goes all the way back to when he was a player in the NFL. Ditka calls a play & Harbaugh decides to override it & call his own audible. He thinks he knows MORE or better than what the coach knows... So, imagine his stubbornness & arrogance today, NOW THAT HE IS THE COACH!! Some people still feel that it was Harbaugh's fault for Ditka being ran out of Chicago.

Its sort of like an alcoholic who REFUSES to admit that he has a drinking problem. You cannot get him to change his ways until HE ADMITS IT!! Same with Harbaugh!! And to those who say he turned the franchise around & got us to 3 straight NFCCG & a Super Bowl... I would say JED YORK is more responsible for turning the franchise around (Jed idolizes his granddad & wants to be like him... Mr. Eddie!!) & Harbaugh only got to those 3 NFCCG & SB on... THE STRENGTH OF THE DEFENSE!! If you take away his defense & force him to have to step up & win a game purely on OFFENSE, he'd fall flat on his ass! Could be wrong, but its just my take on the situation.

Eddie is his Uncle, tho.

Thanks... forgot Eddie is his uncle, not his granddad
Originally posted by cciowa:
mora jr,, lol, lets bring back jason webster and his sprained ankles while we are at it

Think of the players we could try to sign...Balmer, Mays, Rachal...
Originally posted by English:
It used to be tagged Official but I changed it when I realised that it was just 95% rumour and opinion. Interestingly, no one noticed!

I noticed, but it made sense as to why it was labeled that.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
SO, I will say up front, I'm a fan of JH, hope he sticks around, and wins a few rings. People who want him canned make wonder if they remember what happened last time this team canned a winning coach with no replacement set? Yeah we wondered around the NFL cellar for a decade, me I'm not ready to go back.

That said, if the axe does fall, we should have Jim Mora jr, on speed dial, or under contract before we let JH go. Mora is ready to return to the NFL,and he will be good.

Not sure Mora Jr. is the coach for me! He took over Atlanta in 2004 and went 11-5, then 2005 8-8, 2006 7-9. When he was with Seattle? 5-11 and 5-11. Not a super record.

jim lora jr,,. horrible,, if you get rid of jh you need to bring in someone who is just as good or better and mora is not it.. but of course when we have a issue with our players, the battle cry is to bring in some x niner who is a x niner for a reason so why should it be different for x niner coaches? i would rather have jon gruden but it may never come to that

people were saying the same things about Pete Carrol, after he flopped in the NFL, and fled to college, maybe Mora has matured.
people were saying the same things about Pete Carrol, after he flopped in the NFL, and fled to college, maybe Mora has matured.

Carrol was always considered bright. Mora...not so sure.

I hope JH stays with the team, and we upgrade the OC position. I was just thinking of coaches who might be good "gets" if Balkke f**ks this up.
I hope JH stays with the team, and we upgrade the OC position. I was just thinking of coaches who might be good "gets" if Balkke f**ks this up.

Well...I could be way off! I thought Nolan had a chance!

We should just hire Carroll to be honest. Maybe we can trade an entire draft away for him.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

We should just hire Carroll to be honest. Maybe we can trade an entire draft away for him.

Kidnap belichick and sean Payton. Belichick is head coach of defense and Payton is HC of offense. Baalke's a ninja he can get it done.

Honestly tho, I don't think jim is going anywhere.
Originally posted by Niners816:

Kidnap belichick and sean Payton. Belichick is head coach of defense and Payton is HC of offense. Baalke's a ninja he can get it done.

Honestly tho, I don't think jim is going anywhere.

belichick is so overrated

honestly the only current HC i'd take over harbaugh is his brother and maybe andy reid

honestly the only current HC i'd take over harbaugh is his brother and maybe andy reid

I agree about belichick...was just throwing his name out there. IMO there really is only a handful of difference making HC, And we have one. IMO, the franchise shifters are

-harbaugh bros
-sean Payton
-andy Reid
-belichick (results are his results tho)

And I like McCarthy a lot. I think chip kelly can be, but it's still way early to put him in the above class. As far as a gameday coach, I've got a very high opinion of Jeff Fisher.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Nov 25, 2014 at 6:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners816:
I agree about belichick...was just throwing his name out there. IMO there really is only a handful of difference making HC, And we have one. IMO, the franchise shifters are

-harbaugh bros
-sean Payton
-andy Reid
-belichick (results are his results tho)

And I like McCarthy a lot. I think chip kelly can be, but it's still way early to put him in the above class. As far as a gameday coach, I've got a very high opinion of Jeff Fisher.

Bruce Arian's has been good with mediocre QBs

LOL! Yea Belicheck is overrated. Sure.

Dislike him all you want, and I don't much care for his persona, but let's not go full retard. I know you're going to say that its all Brady, but the turn around he's orchestrated after the team's dismal showing against KC is nothing short of epic. I really thought that they were done. Wow, just WOW! I'd like to see another coach do that. Double digit wins every season for lord knows how many years.

I REALLY dislike the Patriots as a whole, but one has to give the man his props.
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

Dislike him all you want, and I don't much care for his persona, but let's not go full retard. I know you're going to say that its all Brady, but the turn around he's orchestrated after the team's dismal showing against KC is nothing short of epic. I really thought that they were done. Wow, just WOW! I'd like to see another coach do that. Double digit wins every season for lord knows how many years.

I REALLY dislike the Patriots as a whole, but one has to give the man his props.

When Brady leaves ..it's over
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

[ Edited by Bluesbro on Nov 26, 2014 at 5:20 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone