LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 264 users in the forums

Singletary Interview

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Paul:
18-22 as our coach, not really a bad record... he just picked some bad coordinators.. I think he could have worked out if we went with someone other than Jimmy Raye this year. I think down the road he will be a head coach again.

Yeah, I have said that all along. He was not ready to be a head coach but had some qualities that would have made it successful. With a winning record, this isn't or would have never been an issue.

His first and biggest mistake was selecting coordinators.

His second was ignoring the QB situation and trying to act like it isn't a big deal.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
18-22 as our coach, not really a bad record... he just picked some bad coordinators.. I think he could have worked out if we went with someone other than Jimmy Raye this year. I think down the road he will be a head coach again.

Yeah, I have said that all along. He was not ready to be a head coach but had some qualities that would have made it successful. With a winning record, this isn't or would have never been an issue.

His second was ignoring the QB situation and trying to act like it isn't a big deal.

His next is using his timeouts as if they were timeouts in basketball, used to slow down an opponents run. And then there was his run run pass philosophy. And then there was his in ability to make adjustments.
Oh this is just gold

I can't wait to see where this goes, if he somehow manages to become HC of the Vikings, I mean, what a downgrade?

Childress to Singletary?

But who am I to judge, Singletary is a good man who has a lot of capabilities in order to become successful.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Good guy. Just because it didn't work out here doesn't mean it won't work out elsewhere. If he has the passion to learn, anything can happen.

I wish the best for him.

cosigned. He's a dumbass, but he's a dumbass who tries really hard. And with enough effort it's possible.

tries really hard?

the guy is stubborn, and until he changes that...he will not be a successful head coach.

edit- what the hell? the thread got moved while I was still in it....feel like I got dropped off far away from home, when I exited.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Jan 31, 2011 at 14:25:50 ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Singletary begins his tenure with Vikings with the same title, linebackers coach/assistant head coach, he had when he began with the 49ers in 2005. Singletary seemed happy and confidant and decidedly unbowed by his experience with the 49ers. He said he not only wants to be a head coach again, but [b]still feels he can become one of the greatest head coaches in league history.[/b]

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/01/confident-singl.html#ixzz1C4pCqctr

Do they drug test coaches or just players?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

Firing Martz was his first big mistake. Had he kept him, the Niners offense could be something decent right now and he might still have a job. We have Harbaugh now though, so Im not going to say I wish we could go back
Share 49ersWebzone