LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Brian Schottenheimer

Shop 49ers game tickets
If sing get fired...this guy to me seems like a solid head coaching candidate.
Not saying we should go out and grab him because he's young but he's got a great offensive mind which I think most people in here are looking for and after watching hard knocks I really liked his personality and what he bring to the Jets offense.

I understand most of you want a proven head coach but I don't think were that attractive to any good proven coaches.

Anyway just looking to get the pulse of the web zone on this guy.

Schottenheimer has twice turned down interview requests (Miami in 2007 and Buffalo in 2010). I wager that he'd want full roster control in any situation, though he seems content to stay in New York so long as Ryan is around.

Quote:
"I'd love to be a head coach, but I say that with an asterisk," Schottenheimer said Sunday after the Jets beat the Bengals in the wild-card round of the playoffs. "That's my dream, but I want to be a head coach when the time is right, when the situation is right. I don't want to just take a job to take a job.

"For the first time in three years, I'm really, really happy. I'm happy working for Rex. I love the area. I love the Jets fans. I love what we've done. I love the guys on our roster."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4821977
Originally posted by redrathman:
Schottenheimer has twice turned down interview requests (Miami in 2007 and Buffalo in 2010). I wager that he'd want full roster control in any situation, though he seems content to stay in New York so long as Ryan is around.

Quote:
"I'd love to be a head coach, but I say that with an asterisk," Schottenheimer said Sunday after the Jets beat the Bengals in the wild-card round of the playoffs. "That's my dream, but I want to be a head coach when the time is right, when the situation is right. I don't want to just take a job to take a job.

"For the first time in three years, I'm really, really happy. I'm happy working for Rex. I love the area. I love the Jets fans. I love what we've done. I love the guys on our roster."

Money talks! Offer him more money and let him have control over the roster.
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by redrathman:

Quote:

Money talks! Offer him more money and let him have control over the roster.

• cools
  • Veteran
Im sure he will be one of the guys the Niners look into hiring
He was at San Diego with Manusky, that connection may help

speaking of Brian's, I think Billick could be a good fit also
He may even keep M.Johnson (who he tutored) and Troy Smith (who he drafted)
if they do well the rest of the year

Billick on coaching again
[ Edited by cools on Nov 13, 2010 at 10:33 AM ]
for Brian Schottenheimer. He's an offensive guru and he's todays NFL imo. I think we need to go after a proven coordinator that deserves a chance.(Schottenheimer, Gilbride, Frazier). I don't think we can nab a big name like Gruden or Cowher. I'm not a big fan of Billick. He had a top ranked D for so many years and couldn't do s**t because their offenses were putrid. He was an OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR before for gods sake!!! I say we hire either Schottenheimer or Gilbride.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
for Schottenheimer
Jets have a STACKED offense and theyre just 12th in the league in total yards, 13th in the leauge in PPG and 20th in pass yards.
There are way better candidates out there.
I want a president of football opps, gm and head coach.

If Brian can bring Marty in as the head of football opps., plug in an experienced GM I would be down for it.
Share 49ersWebzone