LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 267 users in the forums

Jimmy Clausen-Trade

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Why trade picks for Clausen (who hasn't proven anything) when we can draft one next yr who will probably be better???
just one more time: how du u know that a qb whom we will draft next year will be better??? and especially who.

You dont, just like you dont know that Claussen will ever be any good. Padding your college stats against Army and Air Force doesnt impress me and he has showed ZERO so far in the NFL and you cant blame his team. The Panthers have two great RBs and a very good line. WR is lacking but he still has Steve Smith and yet hasnt shown anything. Do you just like him because he's a 'name'? Why not trade for Brady Quinn too?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jojomellon:
Why trade picks for Clausen (who hasn't proven anything) when we can draft one next yr who will probably be better???
just one more time: how du u know that a qb whom we will draft next year will be better??? and especially who.

You dont, just like you dont know that Claussen will ever be any good. Padding your college stats against Army and Air Force doesnt impress me and he has showed ZERO so far in the NFL and you cant blame his team. The Panthers have two great RBs and a very good line. WR is lacking but he still has Steve Smith and yet hasnt shown anything. Do you just like him because he's a 'name'? Why not trade for Brady Quinn too?

A line that is near the bottom of the league in sacks allowed and ranks near the bottom of the league in rushing. The line has underachieved all year long. Yes, one can blame the Panthers who have been far from impressive offensively this year both on the ground and in the air.

And his college stats were not padded. He got better each and every year in college and put up impressive stats against almost every team last year.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

A line that is near the bottom of the league in sacks allowed and ranks near the bottom of the league in rushing. The line has underachieved all year long. Yes, one can blame the Panthers who have been far from impressive offensively this year both on the ground and in the air.

And his college stats were not padded. He got better each and every year in college and put up impressive stats against almost every team last year.

Alexcuses.......oh wait

of course you can blame his team...the o-line is garbage and their running game doesn't work at all. i like him b/c he played in weis' offense and I do think that he learned sth there. he even doesn't play westcoast right now, if i'm not wrong.

brady quinn had SEVERAL opportunities to show sth and failed.

You dont think having two inexperienced QBs holding the ball too long is going to contribute to sacks? The kid couldnt beat UCONN or Navy in his last season there. There have been rookie qbs with far worse offensive lines who have done better. St louis does not have a great line, yet a good qb who can get rid of the ball quickly like Bradford makes them look good. Its the Peyton Manning effect.

of course you can blame his team...the o-line is garbage and their running game doesn't work at all. i like him b/c he played in weis' offense and I do think that he learned sth there. he even doesn't play westcoast right now, if i'm not wrong.

brady quinn had SEVERAL opportunities to show sth and failed.

the running game sucks because no one respects the passing game. You dont see the cause and effect there?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
I hope this thread is a got damn joke

BWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

good one

this made me
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

BWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

good one

this made me

He just needs a chance behind the stout, proven 49ers Oline.

• evil
  • Veteran

You dont think having two inexperienced QBs holding the ball too long is going to contribute to sacks? The kid couldnt beat UCONN or Navy in his last season there. There have been rookie qbs with far worse offensive lines who have done better. St louis does not have a great line, yet a good qb who can get rid of the ball quickly like Bradford makes them look good. Its the Peyton Manning effect.

That UCONN team was actually pretty good, almost beating 3 ranked opponents. But Clausen is not at fault for that loss nor for the loss against Navy. The defense is why they lost those games. They couldn't stop anyone which is why that defense ranked 80 something in the nation. If you watched those ND games you'd not even try to pin those losses on JC. Go back and watch his senior season, Clausen is the reason that Notre Dame won as many games as they did and were actually in others. He was a standout last year, and posted numbers that were as impressive if not better than Eli, Peyton and even Phillip Rivers did in their junior years in college.

The Rams line is actually playing well. They have spent 2 high draft picks on OT's, paid a nice wad of cash for their starting center via FA. And they can run the ball whether you stack 8/9 in the box or not.

the running game sucks because no one respects the passing game. You dont see the cause and effect there?

Before Favre came to Minnesota no one respected their pass game yet Peterson was racking up yards. It happens often that a team faces many 8/9 man fronts yet still can effectively run. In Carolina's case they are facing a lot of the same however the line is not opening holes and struggling vs. stacked fronts.
Originally posted by boast:
if Moore suxorz, why would the Panthers trade Clausen?
new regimes mean new QBs.

http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2778763&postcount=55

Didn't you argue against this exact point that I made in another thread? SMH...

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

BWWWWAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

good one

this made me

He just needs a chance behind the stout, proven 49ers Oline.

oh yeah then he'd be awesome

pfffffffft

good one

That UCONN team was actually pretty good, almost beating 3 ranked opponents. But Clausen is not at fault for that loss nor for the loss against Navy. The defense is why they lost those games. They couldn't stop anyone which is why that defense ranked 80 something in the nation. If you watched those ND games you'd not even try to pin those losses on JC. Go back and watch his senior season, Clausen is the reason that Notre Dame won as many games as they did and were actually in others. He was a standout last year, and posted numbers that were as impressive if not better than Eli, Peyton and even Phillip Rivers did in their junior years in college.

The Rams line is actually playing well. They have spent 2 high draft picks on OT's, paid a nice wad of cash for their starting center via FA. And they can run the ball whether you stack 8/9 in the box or not.

Before Favre came to Minnesota no one respected their pass game yet Peterson was racking up yards. It happens often that a team faces many 8/9 man fronts yet still can effectively run. In Carolina's case they are facing a lot of the same however the line is not opening holes and struggling vs. stacked fronts.

Claussen didnt play his senior year. Ooops.
Its all 'Alexcuses' as was said before. Watch the games. Claussen is a deer in the headlights. You can overanalyze til the cows come home. The results dont lie.
I said this in the other Jimmy Clausen thread, and the answer is absolutely not.

-9fA
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
You want a QB who has a QB rating of 48?

It's his rookie year on a sh*tty team. Alex Smith had a rating of 40 in his rookie season, but people still want him on the team.
what if we traded him to us for their 3 round pick. Then we got him and a pick. Then we cut him cause he sucks.
Share 49ersWebzone