LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 307 users in the forums

Carson Palmer a Raider Update Pg 48

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by NorCaL9er:
Enjoy your 1-2 year window. They have 0-depth and essentially no 2012 draft class.

Pretty much this.

or they could just be developing pryor until then

and the raiders have somewhat of a young team, I think Carson might be the oldest players

McFadden, McClain, their CB's, WR's

McClain is one small step above a bust. McFadden is legit but a turf toe injury from being out 3-4 weeks at a time. CB's are medicore. I do think they have a good young WR core.

But the main item - Pryor - he has no chance to be a legit NFL QB.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sucks for Jason Campbell the guy gets hurt and loses his job.
haha I bet Bengal fans are happy lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by susweel:

I was just thinking that too, the only thing left for him to do is re-sign with the Raiders. If I were him I would.
Raiders got raped hard in that trade. Palmer is a good QB but he's not ready to jump into the middle of an NFL season and produce. This is the only way that Mike Brown would have traded Palmer, if some stupid team decided to overpay for an average QB. I love that the raiders continue to cripple themselves for years to come.
Two firsts? That's a Redskins deal!
I don't know the terms on the 2nd 1st rounder. If it's based upon making the play-offs or a certain QB rating it's probably fine.

I think Palmer is a 2nd teir QB. He's in that 5-12 range of qbs. For a team that is looking good and just lost a key player, this is a pretty smart move. It gives them a chance this season to compete. There are a lot of teams that would have given up a 1st rounder for Palmer....none of them that have a shot at the top 3 qbs in this draft...but the rest..sure.

If the Raiders make the play-offs both years, it's not THAT big of a price on the picks.
Anyone know how Palmer feels about this trade deal? I'm assuming he has no say in it nor can he or his agent stop it, correct?
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Anyone know how Palmer feels about this trade deal? I'm assuming he has no say in it nor can he or his agent stop it, correct?

He was in the bay area taking his physical, im assuming he is okay with the deal
Fat chance I know but I would laugh if Carson Palmer failed the physical

Just thinking about a healthy Carson Palmer, with the weapons he'll have in Oakland is kind of exciting
Originally posted by Jakemall:
I don't know the terms on the 2nd 1st rounder. If it's based upon making the play-offs or a certain QB rating it's probably fine.

I think Palmer is a 2nd teir QB. He's in that 5-12 range of qbs. For a team that is looking good and just lost a key player, this is a pretty smart move. It gives them a chance this season to compete. There are a lot of teams that would have given up a 1st rounder for Palmer....none of them that have a shot at the top 3 qbs in this draft...but the rest..sure.

If the Raiders make the play-offs both years, it's not THAT big of a price on the picks.

Seriously? You think he is as high as #5? WOW. I dont see him close to the top 10. As for a LOT of teams that would have given up a #1 for him. Really? A lot? I seriously doubt that. Other than the Raiders, I could only see 2 other possibles.. Washington and Seattle.

Really a dumb move on the Raiders part to give up what they did.
Raider fans appear dischuffed:

Originally Posted by BigChris
This may go down as the worst trade in the history of the Raiders franchise when it's all said and done.

We bypass the QB class of 2012 for a guy that hasn't been good in 5 years, pick up his ridiculous contract, and give up another high pick.

I don't understand how anyone can be a fan of any move this reckless.
I'm betting it'll go down as the worst trade in the history of the NFL, maybe even all of professional sports lol

Unquote

Here is another:
Everyone is banging the same drum, so this is hardly original. But it has to be noted just how poor the Carson Palmer trade is for the Oakland Raiders. In other words, it?s not just bad, it?s historically bad. In fact, it?s so bad, I?m going to need to use numbers to list all of the ways?

1. Carson Palmer hasn?t played yet this season and is now stepping into a new scheme and line-up. Whether or not he?s worked with Hue Jackson in the past or not, Palmer might be a veteran, but everything takes time to get moving.

2. The Raiders didn?t need to make a move. They already had Jason Campbell coming back in six weeks and the schedule until his return includes the Chiefs, Broncos, Vikings and a bye week. You see a need to make a major move there. A headless team with Boller under center could go 3-2 in that stretch.

3. They?re giving up a first round pick in 2011 and a second round choice. Did Bill Belichick become the GM of the Bengals this morning? This is a major draft haul (remember Richard Seymour cost a first rounder alone for a defensive end with much left in the tank).

4. Carson Palmer went 4-12 last season.

5. Carson Palmer threw 20 interceptions to 26 touchdowns last season.

6. The Raiders have speed receivers, but Pro Football Focus notes that Palmer was only ?16 of 54 on shots 20+ yards down field.?

7. Carson Palmer?s career record is 46-51 and is turning 32 this year.

Simply put, this is not someone you trade the house for. The Raiders totally blew this one in a season where things were actually looking up. Certainly Palmer is a major step up at quarterback over Kyle Boller, but Jason Campbell is not that much worse and the Raiders could have used the top picks to address bigger needs along the offensive line and secondary.

Unquote.

Palmer is ok, but they gave away the family silver. He was probably worth one 2nd rounder. This isnt a make-or-break year for them.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Kolohe:

I was just thinking that too, the only thing left for him to do is re-sign with the Raiders. If I were him I would.

Looks like his days of starting are over so Im not sure why he would re-sign with them.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

It takes two to tango. I dont know if they sign him now, they have Pryor, for what its worth, signed too.
Share 49ersWebzone