There are 242 users in the forums

Karma getting back at the Jets?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Im loving this revis holdout. bunch of cocky mo fo's
I can't believe Ferguson accepted a contract with no guaranteed money. They still have Revis, Mangold, and Harris to resign
i dont think he is gonna play this year, word in NY is he is cool sitting out on his $1 million salary
Originally posted by joefosho:
Im loving this revis holdout. bunch of cocky mo fo's

You've been watching too much ESPNew York Jets (did you get it, I used the 'N' in 'ESPN' to insinuate that ESPN uses a good portion of their programming to talk about the Jets).

It's overblown. He'll be in by week one.

[ Edited by redrathman on Aug 10, 2010 at 13:53:23 ]
after Boldin, Mason, and Stallworth rip them to shreads he will b in uniform week 2
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
after Boldin, Mason, and Stallworth rip them to shreads he will b in uniform week 2

true, the jets will crawl back to revis and his agents after the gm clock reads 00:00 and cave in. hopefully they have a hard time with the salary cap for yrs to come
We should tell Revis he's worth 200 mil. That's what you get for messing with Crabtree's contract.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
We should tell Revis he's worth 200 mil. That's what you get for messing with Crabtree's contract.

yeah that way we can lose more draft picks!
they'll cave in and sign him for what he wants. They have the loot to do it.
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

yeah that way we can lose more draft picks!

I'm joking, but as long as we don't have direct contact with his agent we're cool. Does anyone know if Revis hangs out with Deion?

who cares
Lost in this discussion is "Who Backs Up Revis?"

Is it a hungry kid? A washed up vet?

If it's a hungry kid with something to prove -- much like Revis was two seasons ago -- he's taking an enormous risk.

More than one person can play cornerback in this league at a high level.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
they'll cave in and sign him for what he wants. They have the loot to do it.

No they dont! From what Ive been hearing, its impossible to pay him any type of contract that comes close to what he's asking for. The front office has said that they cannot make 15+mil/ year happen in any way, shape or form(as in a huge signing bonus or back-end pay.

Its not done yet because its not feasily possible for the front office

Remember the FA moves: remember the child support they paid for Cromartie?
etc.

The only thing they can do is stop practice, ask all the players if they will go anyplace at any time to meet Revis wherever HE decides and to offer their own salaries to be cut for him to be compensated, per Rex Ryan.

'Oh, I thought Ryan was concentrating on his own players and not worried about who was not at camp' thats what he said, his contradicting a$$, trying to be like Singletary.

Now hes crying the blues telling his other guys to take pay cuts
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Lost in this discussion is "Who Backs Up Revis?"

Is it a hungry kid? A washed up vet?

If it's a hungry kid with something to prove -- much like Revis was two seasons ago -- he's taking an enormous risk.

More than one person can play cornerback in this league at a high level.

They were smart to draft Kyle Wilson this past draft. I think the possibility of a Revis holdout led them to use a 1st round pick on a CB when they have Revis and just acquired Antonio Cromartie from the Chargers. That and the fact Wilson was a complete steal that late in the first round round and the value was just to high to pass on him.

Kyle Wilson has been getting first team reps since the Revis holdout and Dwight Lowery is a solid 3rd CB with starting experience. Apparently Wilson has been impressive with Revis out.

People want to write off the Jets if Revis holds out for the season but they have a solid defense regardless with plenty of depth. In fact, many wrote them off last year when Kris Jenkins and Leon Washington both went down with a season ending injuries early in the season. The Jets had people step up in their absence and the Jets D and running game never missed a beat. The replacements NT Sione Pouha and Shonne Greene are now a key components to a potential championship run.

Obviously the Jets are a better team with Revis locking down the opposing teams #1 WR but the team is loaded with solid depth and they shouldn't be taken lightly.
wilson is a rookie though, there will be a drop off if revis doesn't play
Share 49ersWebzone