There are 214 users in the forums

"Go Ahead" Touchdowns

Shop 49ers game tickets
Okay, I've gotten a bit of a discrepancy when I've discussed this topic with others before. I know you've heard the phrase, but what does it exactly mean?

On its face, the term "Go Ahead" touchdown seems to imply the defense let the offense score, like... "go ahead and score so we can give the ball back to our offense." But, that's probably not the case.

Or it could mean the offense scored so effortlessly, it was as if the defense intentionally made it easy for them.

I've heard other TV broadcasters use the phrase, but they seem to say it in different situations, so it's hard to pin down the exact meaning.

Discuss...
Originally posted by adrenaline:
Okay, I've gotten a bit of a discrepancy when I've discussed this topic with others before. I know you've heard the phrase, but what does it exactly mean?

On its face, the term "Go Ahead" touchdown seems to imply the defense let the offense score, like... "go ahead and score so we can give the ball back to our offense." But, that's probably not the case.

Or it could mean the offense scored so effortlessly, it was as if the defense intentionally made it easy for them.

I've heard other TV broadcasters use the phrase, but they seem to say it in different situations, so it's hard to pin down the exact meaning.

Discuss...

no discussion needed. Go ahead touchdown means if and when they score that TD, they will be ahead in points.
Well, that was easy...
Well, that was easy...

lol. not once did your interpretation ever even cross my mind.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Well, that was easy...

No. It seems obvious now, though.

Lock please
Well, that was easy...

No. It seems obvious now, though.

Lock please

Originally posted by thojess:

this picture describes this thread
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Originally posted by thojess:

this picture describes this thread

qft
epic

LOL @ the original poster
Originally posted by spizzy:
LOL @ the original poster

I thinks the poster is a blondie
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Well, that was easy...

Share 49ersWebzone