There are 251 users in the forums

Article on Kory Sheets

Shop 49ers game tickets
Link: http://www.fftoolbox.com/football/nfl_news.cfm?news_id=1677

Dolphins RB Kory Sheets is out to prove he's a versatile back

Kory Sheets is an explosive running back, who can get to top speed as fast as anyone in the game. However, he has learned that his speed can only take him so far. It will likely get him on the Dolphins' practice squad, but it won't get him on any team's active roster any time soon. If his speed did enable him to make an active roster, he wouldn't be in line for many carries. He learned last year in his rookie season that his type of speed is common in the NFL and therefore, he also learned that he must bring more to the table and be a much more versatile back to make it in the NFL. "I want to prove I can do other things outside of run and catch the ball," said Sheets, who became Purdue's all-time leader in rushing touchdowns (48). "I want to prove I'm an every down back. That's been my main focus." Sheets will need to stand out during training camp and the preseason now that RBs Ronnie Brown (foot) and Patrick Cobbs (knee) are healthy. In order for Sheets to stand out though, he needs to work on improving some areas of his game, areas that do not include his explosiveness or elusiveness, but instead areas of his game, such as pass blocking. Head coach Tony Sparano said, "We've talked to him at the end of the year about ways to get better and to improve. I've seen some improvement. (Blocking) will separate some of the backs, and certainly with Kory that will be some of the deciding factors down the road, how he handles that." Sheets will need to compete with Cobbs and RB Lex Hilliard for one of the final roster spots.
This is almost certainly Niner Talk and won't at all be merged with this one.
Hs not a 9er anymore so who cares. Do you want to post articles about Julian Peterson or Justin Smiley also?
Share 49ersWebzone