There are 203 users in the forums

New England Patriots, Team of the 00's

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Do you guys even watch football of just read the stats and watch highlights the next day?

That's a good question for yourself. Do you realize that every team steals signals? Do you realize that Steve Young himself admitted to stealing signals and called it a part of the game?

So I ask you, do you know what's actually happening on a sideline of an NFL game, or do you just watch your TV for Cletus the robot to start breakdancing?

Every team steals signals? Show me where it says everyone has been punished for doing so. Or is that just a rumor you heard on this board from your Huckleberry friend.

Steve Young stealing signs from the sidelines is different from doing so by video tape. And show me a quote from Young that says that and I'll believe you.

And you know whats going on the sidelines because you are a NFL coach or something?

You knew the robot's name so it must be you who Tivos the game and dances with it.
I don't pay attention to that crap...im watching the game.

I still think it is between the Steelers and Colts...and i was persuaded by some on this board to go with Steelers. I still think Colts are next.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by 49ers1:
PATRIOTS?!?!?

They won super bowls with sub par talent...How? Remember the cheating the Bellichek did? How about the Tuck Rule? How about the Brady rule this year? Yeah Goodell and Kraft are buddies.

Imagine you run the industry and your best pal in the same business as you. If you busted him for cheating you would let em slide. Bellichek should have been BANNED from the league for doing that. It is a intentional, blatent violation of the rules where winning and losing means millions of dollars. Thas some sneaky ass s**t he was doing!

Players lives change when they win the super bowl. Imagine how many hard working players would be more successful if they weren't cheated out of a super bowl win or a chance at the win.

Patriots? No way. Give me the Colts. Good clean football.

what's funny is he posted this AFTER the colts loss. i mean you either go with the patriots or the steelers. but imo its the patriots. they were the greatest throughout the decade, and imo had the best quarterback.

If Manning had the defensive signals for the other teams he would have won more super bowls. Did you even read my post or just the last sentence? Brady was on a CHEATING team...how hard is that to understand? If you want to give props to a cheater cause he's from San Mateo then go ahead. I'll take Manning all day.

And the Steelers got lucky for one of their rings by knee bashing Carson Palmer on the first play and then getting lucky on a missed FG by the colts (Remember the Bettis fumble?). Steelers won the super bowl but were never given props because it was widely believed around the league that they were NOT the best team that year. Then the Steelers barely beat the tards on a last minute pass and because of Harrisons' pick six at the end of the half. There was nothing dominant about that performance.

Do you guys even watch football of just read the stats and watch highlights the next day? There is more to it then just super bowl crowns.

People like you guys are the reason why Lynn Swann, terry Bradshaw and other talentless clowns like Joe Namath are in the hall of fame. You see them as super bowl champs instead of what they really are....

Just because the Steelers and Pats have won rings this decade does not make them the best.

Look how they won. You want to crown luck and cheating then go for it.

Young2Rice. I think you are missing a staple of being an NFL fan. There is always something to argue. So you can either argue all day or enter an agreement. The agreement is that the Super Bowl winner be proclaimed the BEST team that season. Period end of story.

in 3 seasons the Patriots were the best team
in 2 seasons the Steelers were the best team
in 1 season the Colts were the best team

"Missing a staple of being an NFL fan." What does that even mean?

You are right, there is always something to argue...that is what forums are for. And what agreement says that the super bowl winner is the BEST team of the season?

Do you think when the Falcons beat us and went on to win the super bowl they were better then us? Do you remember ALL PRO Hearst getting hurt on the first drive?

Do you think when the Pats beat the Rams, who were highly favored, they didn't have any knowledge of the Rams' defense? And do you think the Rams were better?

I'm not that stubborn so I'll accept the Steelers at #1. But the Patriots? I can't stand that whole cheating s**t. There were tons of vids destroyed by Goodell. I guarantee Bellichek had everyone's signals locked in.

Otherwise, you can believe Pats won the super bowl legit with Troy Brown, David Patton, Antwon Smith, over Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce. Rams D was just as good as Pats D so don't use that argument.

The only season the Pats were the best IMO was when they went 16-0 after they stopped cheating and got some talent. But without cheating, Pats with Moss, Welker, and the ridiculous D couldn't beat Eli, Strahan, Burress and co. That should tell you something.

It is a unwritten agreement that most fans follow, even on this forum. It means you agree to acknowledge the Super Bowl winner as the Champion of the season. Otherwise we would have complete anarchy. The Super Bowl is suppose to be the end all to arguments, not just when it fits who YOU think is the best team.

debates are fun. Endless debates are not.

Then what the hell is the point of this thread? You can just go back every decade and count the number of super bowls per decade won and ignore everything else. I'm out.

How can you argue that the Colts, a team who went 9-9 in the playoffs this decade, be the best team?

Please, be out. Your argument sucks.

dude I already said I was persuaded to pick the Steelers. I'm just going against the Pats now.

Do you guys even watch football of just read the stats and watch highlights the next day?

That's a good question for yourself. Do you realize that every team steals signals? Do you realize that Steve Young himself admitted to stealing signals and called it a part of the game?

So I ask you, do you know what's actually happening on a sideline of an NFL game, or do you just watch your TV for Cletus the robot to start breakdancing?

Every team steals signals? Show me where it says everyone has been punished for doing so. Or is that just a rumor you heard on this board from your Huckleberry friend.

Steve Young stealing signs from the sidelines is different from doing so by video tape. And show me a quote from Young that says that and I'll believe you.

And you know whats going on the sidelines because you are a NFL coach or something?

You knew the robot's name so it must be you who Tivos the game and dances with it.

I still think it is between the Steelers and Colts...and i was persuaded by some on this board to go with Steelers. I still think Colts are next.

Steve Young said it on KNBR when this was a hot topic. Go find it yourself.

And I know what goes on in NFL locker rooms because I work the visiting team sideline at the Raider games from time to time. From the time the first coaches arrive in the morning I'm in the locker room and on the sideline with absolute free roam. I'm one of the few people allowed on the sideline that gets to be on the team tarp (center of field area that's secured). My job is to assist the players before, during, and after the game. I'm on the field during warm ups catching kicks, passes, and shagging balls.

And do you really think that because the Patriots are the only team to get caught that they are the only team to commit this offense? That's very narrow minded. Do you think the only players that get caught taking PED's that they are the only ones taking them? I suppose the only people that speed in their cars are the ones that get tickets, too?

And I know what goes on in NFL locker rooms because I work the visiting team sideline at the Raider games from time to time. From the time the first coaches arrive in the morning I'm in the locker room and on the sideline with absolute free roam. I'm one of the few people allowed on the sideline that gets to be on the team tarp (center of field area that's secured). My job is to assist the players before, during, and after the game. I'm on the field during warm ups catching kicks, passes, and shagging balls.

And do you really think that because the Patriots are the only team to get caught that they are the only team to commit this offense? That's very narrow minded. Do you think the only players that get caught taking PED's that they are the only ones taking them? I suppose the only people that speed in their cars are the ones that get tickets, too?

Sorry, you must get a lot of insight being a towel boy. BTW, Your screen name might have something to do with your career choice.

Pats were the only ones to get roasted for it. Innocent until proven guilty.

You saying MOST teams cheat is the same thing as me saying only a few including the Pats do.

And i'm not looking up somthing you quoted, thats ur job. How bout this...Jerry Rice said I was the coolest guy in this forum. He said it on KNBR. Go look it up.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 10, 2010 at 8:29 PM ]

Sorry, you must get a lot of insight being a towel boy. BTW, Your screen name might have something to do with your career choice.

You saying MOST teams cheat is the same thing as me saying only a few including the Pats do.

And i'm not looking up somthing you quoted, thats ur job. How bout this...Jerry Rice said I was the coolest guy in this forum. He said it on KNBR. Go look it up.

Silly boy. If you think what I do on Sundays for fun (when not at Candlestick enjoying my season tickets for the past 16 years) is my career, your even more unintelligent than I thought.

You're quite the angry person, aren't you? What's got you so fired up? Is it the fact that somebody might actually know something you don't? My god. How the hell are you going to live with yourself knowing that a person out there might actually have insight on something you don't?

Silly boy. If you think what I do on Sundays for fun (when not at Candlestick enjoying my season tickets for the past 16 years) is my career, your even more unintelligent than I thought.

You're quite the angry person, aren't you? What's got you so fired up? Is it the fact that somebody might actually know something you don't? My god. How the hell are you going to live with yourself knowing that a person out there might actually have insight on something you don't?

It's called a discussion. We chose to insult each other about football and now you are adding pictures to your posts because you don't have anything to say. Actions of...say...a towel boy.

It's called a discussion. We chose to insult each other about football and now you are adding pictures to your posts because you don't have anything to say. Actions of...say...a towel boy.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Feb 10, 2010 at 9:42 PM ]

Man you have a lot to learn. Forget the NFL, just about life man. You actually connect the term of "innocent until proven guilty" with this??? Thats crazy.

Innocent until proven guilty is a term that is suppose to signify when you can levy punitive measures against someone or an entity. It doesn't mean you are supposed to actually believe in your heart and soul that they are innocent just because it may not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt. You still are allowed to use your common sense when talking outside a courtroom

So let me get this straight, your irrational hate for the Patriots is so deep that you are willing to accept that their entire success was derived by the advantage they got from cheating by video taping other teams. And you are willing to jump to this conclusion without having the ability to describe in detail how this advantage specifically works, nor are you open at all to the possibility that other teams, possibly all other teams practiced this as well.

You do realize that scope of the offense can negate advantage right?

Meaning, if the Niners star LB is on PED's than the Niners have an advantage. But if the other 31 teams LB's are on PED's too than the Niners actually have no advantage.

So how can you go so far out of your way to minimize the Patriots accomplishments if you don't want to even test out your own theory. Stoney was kind enough to give you a quote to follow up on but you refuse because it is clear you are afraid of the truth, which is that the Patriots were JUST THAT GOOD.

I know it sucks, because it could have been the Niners. Accept it and move on. or be out like you said you would from this thread
[ Edited by danimal on Feb 10, 2010 at 8:58 PM ]

Man you have a lot to learn. Forget the NFL, just about life man. You actually connect the term of "innocent until proven guilty" with this??? Thats crazy.

Innocent until proven guilty is a term that is suppose to signify when you can levy punitive measures against someone or an entity. It doesn't mean you are supposed to actually believe in your heart and soul that they are innocent.

So let me get this straight, your irrational hate for the Patriots is so deep that you are willing to accept that their entire success was derived by the advantage they got from cheating by video taping other teams. And you are willing to jump to this conclusion without having the ability to describe in detail how this advantage specifically works, nor are you open at all to the possibility that other teams, possibly all other teams practiced this as well.

You do realize that scope of the offense can negate advantage right?

Meaning, if the Niners star LB is on PED's than the Niners have an advantage. But if the other 31 teams LB's are on PED's too than the Niners actually have no advantage.

So how can you go so far out of your way to minimize the Patriots accomplishments if you don't want to even test out your own theory. Stoney was kind enough to give you a quote to follow up on but you refuse because it is clear you are afraid of the truth, which is that the Patriots were JUST THAT GOOD.

I know it sucks, because it could have been the Niners. Accept it and move on. or be out like you said you would from this thread

You're not actually still trying with this kid, are you? I think he's gone out of his way to prove that he's just an angry little man that isn't open to somebody else's opinion.
He's making fun of Stoney for working the sidelines of NFL games???

Share 49ersWebzone