LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 208 users in the forums

Peppers says, "I Could Go Anywhere."

Shop 49ers game tickets
"Anywhere is a potential landing spot," the Carolina Panthers' defensive end said following the final practice for the NFC all-stars Saturday. "I'm not going to say I want to play for any team or I prefer to play anywhere, because I really haven't thought about it. I haven't thought about playing for x, y or z."

How would he feel about switching to linebacker for a team that plays a 3-4 defense?

"I'm just trying to get on a team right now," Peppers said. "I just want to get a contract."

Peppers, who turned 30 this month, has spent his entire eight-year NFL career with the Panthers. He had 10 1/2 sacks, two interceptions and five forced fumbles this season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/carolina-panthers-julius-peppers-013010

Hey, I know a team in California that could use a pass-rushing demon like Peppers.

And no, I don't mean the Raiders.

C'mon Niners...make it happen!
Peppers just wants to be the hell out of Carolina and he wants his big last payday before his performance inevitably declines over the course of the next couple of years - he's already 30.

That being said, can Carolina franchise him again? I will LOL if they do.

-9fA
But if the Panthers DON'T franchise him would you want to see Peppers with a "SF" on his helmet next season?
They always say they could go anywhere. He won't come here.

And the to "he's 30 crowd".... A football player can be good until 33 - 34 easy if they don't get hurt and are still in good shape. Early 30's is not that old. If you want a FA they are not 22! You have to draft them if you want them at 22...
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 31, 2010 at 10:29 AM ]
Offensive, skill position players may have a problem coming here, but defensive players should love it.
I would approve of such a move
Would prefer a proven 3-4 OLB but Peppers will be the best available.

With no cap many teams will pursue him. I fear the 49ers might end up playing him twice a season.

Destinations:
Seattle to replace Patrick Kerney (retirement)
Arizona to replace Bertrand Berry (retirement)
New England - need a legimate pass rush.
Tampa Bay - bucs have a lot of free agents to retain meaning the Glazers will have money to spend.
Miami - replace the aging Jason Taylor.
Houston - bookend to Mario Williams.
Jacksonville - need a legimate pass rush.
Cleveland - play opposite of Kamerion Wimbley.
[ Edited by fanmusclecars on Jan 31, 2010 at 11:38 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If the Panthers don't tag him.....he could go anywhere.
i wouldn't want to trade for him anymore. through FA or peeeeace
i seriously doubt the panthers will franchise him again. i think they would have to pay him something like $22 million to franchise him again. wayyyyyyyyyyy too much to spend on one guy, salary cap or not it is still a business and it's tough to justify that type of payment.

he's good, but he's not $20 mil+ good.

I wouldn't be upset if we signed him
Of course this automatically means he's going to the niners. I wonder whether I should get his home or away jersey.
yup, just heard on the pro-bowl pregame show that peppers is most likely to become a UFA. YEE !
Originally posted by Kolohe:
If the Panthers don't tag him.....he could go anywhere.

no s**t! lol
how much might he want?
Share 49ersWebzone