LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Is it just me or have kickers REALLY sucked this season?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Not many of these guys have been clutch this season. Guys like Nick Folk who were good a year ago are now without a job. Is it just me or has this season been especially bad for kickers?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
the quality of kickers in the league has really diminished, asides from Nedney I can't even name them anymore
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I can't remember it ever being this bad. And what's weird is now more than ever guys are kicking indoors in optimum conditions, they should be BETTER. I don't get it, not like there's more pressure now.
This past weekend featured some really crappy kickers. Hell, it almost seems that the college kids (with the big programs, at least) were better this year.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by pantstickle:
This past weekend featured some really crappy kickers. Hell, it almost seems that the college kids (with the big programs, at least) were better this year.

LOL

2009 totals min 10 att
Ari-Rackers 16/17 94% (1st)
Min-Longwell 26/28 93% (2nd)
SD-Kaeding 32/35 91% (4th)
NYJ-Feely 30 FG (t-2nd)

Kickers for IND and NO were both 9/11 82% but they don’t really care about the kicker when they score touchdowns.

Folk was solid last year missed 10 FG this year so they replaced him with a dude that missed 10 FG’s last year for Washington ?

Bal-Cundiff average kicker 71% FG worst out of the bunch

Some of the best kickers in the league just playing like crap
I doubt Kaeding slept much last night. He's usually clutch. He blew it bigtime.
Originally posted by strickac:

Hasn't he blown it in the playoffs a couple of times?
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

LOL

2009 totals min 10 att
NYJ-Feely 30 FG (t-2nd)

Kickers for IND and NO were both 9/11 82% but they don’t really care about the kicker when they score touchdowns.

Folk was solid last year missed 10 FG this year so they replaced him with a dude that missed 10 FG’s last year for Washington ?

Oh, you know what I meant.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

LOL

2009 totals min 10 att
NYJ-Feely 30 FG (t-2nd)

Oh, you know what I meant.

haha

Yeah crappy kickers!

During the game, they showed him missing a GW kick in the playoffs. I don't know when that was though.

That sucks because he was as good as anyone during the regular season.

I was listening to the Westwood One pre-game show before the Saints-Cardinals game, and the sideline reporter decided to see how Neil Rackers was doing during his warm-ups.

The reporter must understand some of the nuances related to the kicking game because his report included the line, "I noticed that Rackers is swinging his right leg a little bit too much to the left after contact with the ball, and his pre-game kicks continue to hook left. It'll be interesting to see if he can make the necessary adjustment during the game."

He never got the chance, but I'm still in shock how some kickers do great during the regular season, but they stink it up at the most crucial times during the post-season.

[ Edited by HailJerry on Jan 18, 2010 at 14:11:12 ]
Ive never seen so many close FG's missed this year

Kaeding is the worst playoff kicker of all-time
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

did you hear Nate Kaeding tried to commit suicide by swallowing a whole bottle of sleeping pills last night?

he failed because he choked on the first three.
Originally posted by boast:

did you hear Nate Kaeding tried to commit suicide by swallowing a whole bottle of sleeping pills last night?

he failed because he choked on the first three.

I heard he tried to hang himself but couldn't kick the chair out from under himself.
Share 49ersWebzone