Joe Namath
[ Edited by GEEK on Dec 28, 2009 at 11:02 AM ]
Big Ben is not overrated to me
Nice joke to put Tim Rattay on there. lol
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
Big Ben is not overrated to me

I completely agree with everyone on that list, especially Aikman.

Having the greatest (arguably) running back of all time on his team is why he won three Super Bowls, but nobody ever wants to give credit to offensive players that don't play QB.

Brad Johnson has better stats in almost every possible category. Better rating (82.5 to 81.6), better TD/INT ratio (166-122 to 165-141), and a better completion percentage (61.7 to 61.5).

Yeah, he was on a team that won 3 Super Bowls, but in only one was he a factor. Emmitt Smith won the second, and Neil O'Donnell lost the third.

Easily the most overrated quarterback ever.

Heck of a broadcaster though.
I think Joe Willie Namath has to top the list of quarterbacks who are perceived to have been all time greats but didnt quite measure up. Namath had a great arm and of course had SB 3 but just did not have the stats that would put him at that level.
Originally posted by GEEK:
In no particular order:

Tory Aikman
Terry Bradshaw
Tim Rattay
Ben Rothlesburger
Steve McNair (RIP)
Joe Namath

Namath Bradshaw YES overrated

Ben - hell NO. He is not overrated at all. I want him in any game coming down the stretch.
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Having the greatest (arguably) running back of all time on his team is why he won three Super Bowls, but nobody ever wants to give credit to offensive players that don't play QB.

Brad Johnson has better stats in almost every possible category. Better rating (82.5 to 81.6), better TD/INT ratio (166-122 to 165-141), and a better completion percentage (61.7 to 61.5).

Yeah, he was on a team that won 3 Super Bowls, but in only one was he a factor. Emmitt Smith won the second, and Neil O'Donnell lost the third.

Nope. It was that O-line they had. Monsters.
In Niner Talk, it is whomever is sitting behind Alex Smith.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Or whoever is behind him.

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:

Nope. It was that O-line they had. Monsters.

Well, that helped, too.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Or whoever is behind him.

that's what I meant.

I'm a today.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Def Namath, had he not played in NY no one would know his name right now. Even the SB was won more by the defense than Namath. Basically it would be like if Trent Dilfer guaranteed a win for the Ravens in a game the defense won for him and got in the HOF, except Dilfer actually had better career numbers.
Wow..I never bothered to look up Namath's stats but I always thought he was some great QB

Career Stats
TD-INT 173-220
Yards 27,663
QB Rating 65.5

those stats look AWFUL..is it because of the era he played in or what?
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Dec 28, 2009 at 11:55 AM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Brett Favre

He has choked many times in the playoffs and nobody ever says anything.
Share 49ersWebzone