There are 267 users in the forums

Bengals Chris Henry dies at the age of 26

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
the guy made a lot of mistakes. but he didn't deserve to die.

RIP.

I don't understand this statement. "He didn't deserve to die."

A 7 year-old caught in the crossfire of a drive-by doesn't deserve to die.

Henry's unthoughtful actions were the direct cause of his death. He did deserve to die but his family is the one taking the hit.

how does anybody deserve to die, with the exception of some despicable criminals which Henry was not.

deserve means you receive consequences befitting of your actions. He chose to jump on a moving vehicle driven by an unstable person........a resulting injury is a befitting consequence of that action....and death is a befitting consequence of receiving a serious injury.

that's a nice clinical analysis, but this is someone's LIFE that was lost. Not deserved, IMHO.

gonna have to take that up with a higher power. Maybe God can hook us up with "takebacks" or temporary suspension of the laws of physics because someone is having a bad day

RIP.

Henry's unthoughtful actions were the direct cause of his death. He did deserve to die but his family is the one taking the hit.

how does anybody deserve to die, with the exception of some despicable criminals which Henry was not.

deserve means you receive consequences befitting of your actions. He chose to jump on a moving vehicle driven by an unstable person........a resulting injury is a befitting consequence of that action....and death is a befitting consequence of receiving a serious injury.

that's a nice clinical analysis, but this is someone's LIFE that was lost. Not deserved, IMHO.

by mistakes i mean the collective mistakes he made through out his life. all the arrests he got to build his negative persona. based on THOSE actions, he did not deserve to die. jumping in the back of a moving vehicle was dumb.

but he's did not "have it coming to him"
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

RIP.

gonna have to take that up with a higher power. Maybe God can hook us up with "takebacks" or temporary suspension of the laws of physics because someone is having a bad day

try telling that to one of his relatives or close friends and see how well that goes over

RIP.

I never said he deserves to die but how does one come to the conclusion that someone didn't deserve to die? I mean, you are essential going against the will of God then if you believe in God.

My main comment was that he did something extremely stupid that caused his injuries resulting in his death. It wasn't as if someone walked behind him and clubbed him repeatedly on the head for no apparent reason. His death was, essentially, his fault.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame

RIP.

I never said he deserves to die but how does one come to the conclusion that someone didn't deserve to die? I mean, you are essential going against the will of God then if you believe in God.

My main comment was that he did something extremely stupid that caused his injuries resulting in his death. It wasn't as if someone walked behind him and clubbed him repeatedly on the head for no apparent reason. His death was, essentially, his fault.

You said "he did deserve to die" and that is what i was responding to. Scroll up and read your own post.

[ Edited by luv49rs on Dec 17, 2009 at 14:33:21 ]

RIP.

by mistakes i mean the collective mistakes he made through out his life. all the arrests he got to build his negative persona. based on THOSE actions, he did not deserve to die. jumping in the back of a moving vehicle was dumb.

I think it mainly is a problem with terminology, thats all.

Because if we are going to say "He didn't deserve to die" about every good person who acted recklessly at the end.......well then, how do you then REALLY distinguish even more sympathetic stories like the 7rd old girl who took a stray bullet from a drive by shooting ??? You see?

Thats why for this story, the "term" "He didn't deserve to die", is not the most appropriate thing to say.

"He did not have it coming" Thats better.

[ Edited by danimal on Dec 17, 2009 at 14:36:16 ]

RIP.

I never said he deserves to die..

He did deserve to die..

RIP.

Because if we are going to say "He didn't deserve to die" about every good person who acted recklessly at the end.......well then, how do you then REALLY distinguish even more sympathetic stories like the 7rd old girl who took a stray bullet from a drive by shooting ??? You see?

Thats why for this story, the "term" "He didn't deserve to die", is not the most appropriate thing to say.

thank you!
His fantasy stock just went way way down...

RIP.

You said "he did deserve to die" and that is what i was responding to. Scroll up and read your own post.

Man, that was a case of thinking one thing and writing another. I'm going to need to argue that one with God and the way it's been going, I will lose, easily.

Either way, I still compare someone who died due to their own actions is sad, but his case is still dumb. I am around quite a few firefighters who see things like this everyday and you kind of come immune to it. They say most injuries are because someone does something dumb.

Originally posted by confusedrhino:

RIP.

I still disagree with that. Once he jumped in the bed of a moving pickup pounding on the back window, he did have it coming.

I think the better term should be, "He was finally looking good at the turn but just couldn't avoid that last hurdle."

RIP.

I still disagree with that. Once he jumped in the bed of a moving pickup pounding on the back window, he did have it coming.

I think the better term should be, "He was finally looking good at the turn but just couldn't avoid that last hurdle."

SMH...

RIP.

I am going to have to disagree. The way I interpret "had it coming" it usually means someone who has wronged so many people and has enemies and a bunch of bad karma

Not really used in the reckless, accidental, oops sense.
Originally posted by confusedrhino:

you're more concerned about your personal gratification of what this man brought forth for your fantasy team. just .
Share 49ersWebzone