There are 291 users in the forums

Tomlin may deactivate WR Sweed

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Originally posted by nothing03:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Wasn't Sweed suppose to be one of the top WR in that draft?

Not really. No WRs went in the first round and he was about the 5th WR selected in the 2nd round.

We almost drafted him

-9fA

I remember a few people on the webzone clamouring for him, among many other receivers of the last few years.
The only receiver that we should had drafted on the past few years is freaking desean jackson. He can return kicks, catch the ball ,and etc. I don't know why we pass on him.

Steve Breaston would have been good too, IMO.

Breaston has been in the league since 2007. He wasn't a rookie last year.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I live in Pittsburgh....Sweed's demotion was essentially by popular demand. The natives get pretty restless when you drop a TD pass that was in your hands, and then the Steelers lose to the Bungles. Tomlin's a good politician. Two of their young guys were made convenient scapegoats (Sweed and Mendenhall).....
Originally posted by kray28:
I live in Pittsburgh....Sweed's demotion was essentially by popular demand. The natives get pretty restless when you drop a TD pass that was in your hands, and then the Steelers lose to the Bungles. Tomlin's a good politician. Two of their young guys were made convenient scapegoats (Sweed and Mendenhall).....

The rookie Wallace has been making some clutch catches this year as well. Mendenhall probably made a few fans in Pittsburgh after his game tonight. Wonder if the fans will even want Parker to carry the rock anymore after tonights statement game from him.
Share 49ersWebzone