LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 155 users in the forums

Tomlin may deactivate WR Sweed

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4516334

"Quite frankly, he's not catching the football when he's deep down the field," Tomlin said. "He's got some tape that shows that. He's got to shake that off. If and when he's given his next opportunity to make a similar play, he better make it."
I like when players are held accountable like that. I read on the Cards forum that Del Rio cut one player that had 2 drops and another that had some stupid penalty after the Cards game. I feel like we should shake things up at receiver, Battle hasn't done anything let Hill get a shot, same with Spurlock.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I like when players are held accountable like that. I read on the Cards forum that Del Rio cut one player that had 2 drops and another that had some stupid penalty after the Cards game. I feel like we should shake things up at receiver, Battle hasn't done anything let Hill get a shot, same with Spurlock.

and let spurlock return kicks. i am getting tired of rossum bobbling balls when fielding them. it's gonna bite us in the ass, if he does not resolve that problem.

I guess a little each week is what happens. Hills somehow found out this past week that Vernon Davis is a receiver. Davis found out that he can catch the ball. I even saw a pass thrown to Morgan. Now that is a novelty.

This week, maybe they actually throw the ball to a 3rd WR. One can only hope with the RAMS coming to town.

I'm sure it's much more than 2 drops or a stupid penalty that would cause you to get cut.

I agree that Hill and Spurlock should get a shot, but their biggest enemy is probably Jimmy Raye, not Arnaz Battle.
Wasn't Sweed suppose to be one of the top WR in that draft?
Originally posted by TheNaitch:

Not really. No WRs went in the first round and he was about the 5th WR selected in the 2nd round.

We almost drafted him

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Not really. No WRs went in the first round and he was about the 5th WR selected in the 2nd round.

We almost drafted him

-9fA

The Steelers were real high on him towards the end of last season and into the playoffs. I wonder what is going on with him to make him fall off the path so badly.

We almost drafted him

-9fA

I remember a few people on the webzone clamouring for him, among many other receivers of the last few years.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

We almost drafted him

-9fA

I remember a few people on the webzone clamouring for him, among many other receivers of the last few years.
The only receiver that we should had drafted on the past few years is freaking desean jackson. He can return kicks, catch the ball ,and etc. I don't know why we pass on him.

[ Edited by nothing03 on Oct 3, 2009 at 15:14:50 ]

Originally posted by nothing03:

We almost drafted him

-9fA

The only receiver that we should had drafted on the past few years is freaking desean jackson. He can return kicks, catch the ball ,and etc. I don't know why we pass on him.

What i thought was funny about that was that EVERYBODY wanted us to draft him in the 1st round, he didn't get picked till late in 2nd after we passed him twice.

Same with this year, EVERYBODY wanted us to draft Sheets in the 3rd...and he wound up undrafted. LOL

-9fA
You mean Tomlin may DROP Sweed.

We almost drafted him

-9fA

actually yea he was. he was always valued as first round talent and one of the top receiver in the draft but unfortunately got picked late in the second. you're correct though, we did almost draft him. i've read that we sent rachal and sweed's cards in at the same time
He blows
Originally posted by nothing03:

We almost drafted him

-9fA

Steve Breaston would have been good too, IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone