LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 134 users in the forums

Kevin Kolb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Keep in mind that Andy Reid was willing to let McNabb go and named Kolb his starter prior to Vicks resurgence. I think if he was good enough for Andy Reid he is should be a good NFL starting QB
Originally posted by K-Rise:
Keep in mind that Andy Reid was willing to let McNabb go and named Kolb his starter prior to Vicks resurgence. I think if he was good enough for Andy Reid he is should be a good NFL starting QB

I agree to an extent. Look at the situation as well: people were tired of McNabb. He was old and great at choking away big games. They drafted Kolb to replace him, so they already had their mind set on that. They wanted to get something from another team and it ended up that the Redskins fell for it.

Kolb was being groomed and it was his time. Vick just is the superior *athlete* I would think hard about giving up a 2nd for him, but I guess if that's your franchise QB and you're sold, it would be worth it. Our #1 pick would be easier -- defense all the way. And we could maybe bundle picks in the later rounds to hop into the 2nd for another D player.

But more than a 3rd is a stretch for such an unproven QB. Just because he's available and teams are desperate, Philly will probably rob a team. I hope it's not us.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Kolb>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hasselbeck

well duhhh
Originally posted by PTulini:

williams james, navarro bowman, and ahmad brooks? where the hell is everybody else? LOL
[ Edited by YungAce on Jan 9, 2011 at 11:30 PM ]
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by PTulini:

williams james, navarro bowman, and ahmad brooks? where the hell is everybody else? LOL

3 back ups in there on 3rd down WTF! Stupid Dingleberry.
Give them a 4th or let them piss off Kolb. He might put them into a must-trade situation and we could end up getting him for cheap.

I don't see the huge fascination with this guy though, he's never really blown me away when I've seen him. Reminds me of what A. Smith could be if he had been drafted by the Eagles.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
At the right price and if Harbaugh likes him, I'm ALL for it.

No more than a 3rd and a 4th though. No 1st of 2nd picks at all

This is about all I'd be willing. The Eagles are out of their frickin' mind if they want anything more than a 3rd. The kid hasn't done squat to warrant any more than that.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
i saw on the cards forum that the eagles value kolb at the cost of two 1st round picks
i'd be willing to trade our 2nd for him

WTF
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Those who are saying Kolb is unproven, do you think any QB coming out of the draft is proven to be a great QB in the NFL?
Originally posted by obx49:
Those who are saying Kolb is unproven, do you think any QB coming out of the draft is proven to be a great QB in the NFL?

we're not trading away two 1rst round picks for a draft pick either. Kolb is not even worth one 1rst round pick let alone two.

• obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

we're not trading away two 1rst round picks for a draft pick either. Kolb is not even worth one 1rst round pick let alone two.

Like I said in the other Kolb thread, I believe Philly is just posturing. I think a swap of first round picks and maybe throw in a lower draft pick could get the deal done. Also, Kolb can start right away, he knows the WCO, he knows how NFL defenses work, and he has been groomed by a great coaching staff. He is easily a lesser risk than Mallet, Gabbert, and Newton are and would come a lot cheaper than any of those three.
[ Edited by obx49 on Jan 10, 2011 at 1:46 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
Kolb wants to start or he wants out of Philly

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 10, 2011, 12:28 AM EST

Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb said all the right things this season and couldn’t have been more supportive of Michael Vick. Now that the season is over, another approach is being used.

Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer credits a source that says Kolb wants out if the Eagles bring back Vick as a starter. Heck, the source may as well be Kolb’s post-game quotes. He doesn’t try to hide his feelings.

“I love it here, as everybody knows,” Kolb said. “My family’s settled in here. I would love to be starting here. But I want to be starting somewhere.”

Kolb was asked if he could handle another season as a backup in Philadelphia.

“I can’t answer that question,” Kolb said.

It didn’t take long for the offseason quarterback drama to start in Philly again, did it? We suspect this episode will drag on a while because the Eagles probably don’t want to let go Kolb go.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:

Like I said in the other Kolb thread, I believe Philly is just posturing. I think a swap of first round picks and maybe throw in a lower draft pick could get the deal done. Also, Kolb can start right away, he knows the WCO, he knows how NFL defenses work, and he has been groomed by a great coaching staff. He is easily a lesser risk than Mallet, Gabbert, and Newton are and would come a lot cheaper than any of those three.

Yeah, that's Philliesl starting point so if someone gives up a 2nd or 3rd it'll seem like a bargain.
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by MILFS:
I want Kolb for the right price. I say we give the eagles our 4th round pick and a third next year.

The thing is that the Eagles reportedly want two firsts for him. I think they got some offers last year but wouldn't budge from what they wanted. The eagles have to lower their price. Like a second and a conditional pick imo

link please
[ Edited by Allx9er on Jan 10, 2011 at 2:34 AM ]
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by MILFS:
I want Kolb for the right price. I say we give the eagles our 4th round pick and a third next year.

The thing is that the Eagles reportedly want two firsts for him. I think they got some offers last year but wouldn't budge from what they wanted. The eagles have to lower their price. Like a second and a conditional pick imo

link please

Adam Schefter said that the Eagles want two first round picks for Kolb today on Sunday NFL Countdown. However, now that Kolb wants out, this will give them less leverage.
Share 49ersWebzone