LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 191 users in the forums

JTO' Smelling salts' watch thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by crzy:
JTO had talent. I liked him. We should have kept him as backup. I still think he has way more talent than Alex Smith

The amount of turnovers was insane. He could make great plays and was dynamic. But he could not protect the ball and you cannot win in the NFL with a quarterback turning the ball over that many times.

Fair assessment.
It showed him smelling some during the Giants game, I thought it was some new invention of cocaine at first, sadly i was wronge
Bengals played the Rams. Surprise surprise...
Bengals QB J.T. O'Sullivan had two passes knocked down at the line, fumbled and was sacked three times.
[ Edited by Youngone on Aug 28, 2009 at 1:53 PM ]
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
IMO JTO never adapted to the speed of the NFL game. He's got some skills but suffers from too many brain cramps.
Stupid Benson!
He needs to learn how to catch! lol

I can't believe this guy was our starter.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
slapi da bass
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

I can't beleive people STILL think he's an above average QB..
Originally posted by marshniners24:
slapi da bass

thats a funny movie

So Alex Smith is better than JTO???

I'm not sure about that...I don't think you can say that Alex Smith is better...Alex Smith makes boneheaded interceptions too and turns the ball over just as much.

IMHO...JTO was forced to throw 90%+ of the time and thus it lead to turnovers in the Martz offense...JTO has talent no doubt and has better accuracy than Smith IMO
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

I'm not sure about that...I don't think you can say that Alex Smith is better...Alex Smith makes boneheaded interceptions too and turns the ball over just as much.

IMHO...JTO was forced to throw 90%+ of the time and thus it lead to turnovers in the Martz offense...JTO has talent no doubt and has better accuracy than Smith IMO

you're right. JTO's 6 turn overs a game is wayyyy better then smiths 2
LMAO at this thread, you guys have lost it. what was that quote by that NY Giants safety ? it went something like, "I was in the middle of the field with noone around he threw it right to me, it was a like a gift"
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

[ Edited by ImaMod on Dec 23, 2009 at 12:10 AM ]
Alex Smith makes boneheaded interceptions too and turns the ball over just as much.

Actually, O'Sullivan turned the ball over 17 times in 8 games (11 interceptions and 6 fumbles), fumbling 11 times in total during the 2008 seasn. This rounds down to 2 turnovers per game. O'Sullivan's turnover total would amount to 34 turnovers over 16 games. Comparatively, O'Sullivan's projected 34 turnovers would place him within the top 10 worst single season turnover performances in the history of the NFL.

Alex Smith has turned the ball over 13 times in 9 games (12 interceptions and 1 fumble, fumbling 2 times in total during the 2009 season. This rounds up to about 1.5 turnovers per game. Over an entire season, this is significant. Smith's turnover total would amount to 24 turnovers over 16 games. At the same age, Peyton Manning turned the ball over 26 times during the 2001 season.

So ... You'd be wrong.

Share 49ersWebzone