LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Raiders Getting Off to a Great Start

Shop 49ers game tickets
Lmao Cable has no idea what he is doing. Hes throwing away 4 days of valuable Training Camp time to walk around and not let the Qb's throw.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-raiders-cablescamp&prov=ap&type=lgns

The Niners even get props for their full contact practices in here
  • JR80
  • Veteran
Later in practice, the quarterbacks line up near a fence, calling signals and taking simulated snaps. They bark out audibles, hand signals and all, as quarterbacks coach Paul Hackett calls out different defensive looks.

Defenders practice their run fits, going to a particular spot to fill a gap in the defense even though no plays are being run.

Then when the team lines up for 11-on-11 drills, the quarterback takes the snap and hands off the ball, only for a whistle to blow after the blockers and defenders take just a step. That’s repeated over and over again, as coaches watch footwork and other small details.

so they're just practicing lining up?
WOW. Just wow.

-9fA
our hatred for the raiders aside, is what they're doing stupid?

some of the players interviewed made it seem like a good idea but are they just saying what they need to?
i think its a good idea.
never bad to bursh back up on the basics.
only if we employed such things when kwame was here....
Originally posted by teeohh:
our hatred for the raiders aside, is what they're doing stupid?

some of the players interviewed made it seem like a good idea but are they just saying what they need to?

I don't think it's a bad idea . . . it was probably just a little choreography refresher from OTA's to keep everyone from running in to each other.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Aug 2, 2009 at 08:47:52 ]
Hey, whatever the Raiders have been doing the past several years hasn't worked, so maybe it's time to try something else.
I love the last line in the article.........

"They are like, `Come on coach, let’s go play,”’ Cable said.

the only thing i see wrong is that they are going to do it for 4 days

i'd have those kind of practices for 2 days.

lol
Considering the niners are supposed to have 2 practices with the raiders, how is it going to work? Obviously Cable and Singletary have two different approaches to camp.
Makes perfect sense. After all, it's the Raiders.
"Heyward-Bey dropped four passes on Monday in Oakland’s first full-contact practice, one day after dropping a trio of throws as owner Al Davis looked on." lol

Originally posted by Redeemer:
"Heyward-Bey dropped four passes on Monday in Oakland’s first full-contact practice, one day after dropping a trio of throws as owner Al Davis looked on." lol

Share 49ersWebzone