LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 305 users in the forums

The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I agree with him being fired. What came out was a team killer in today's age so you got to move on. All you got to do look at Sunday's game to see it was over for him.

But there's nothing he said there that in 2010 you'd look at as omg. Fire him. There's a reason Michael Sam was the 1st gay player, a reason there were no female refs, and even the dig on Smith isn't much. People need to cool with the hatred because a large chunk of the country over 40 any race, would be fired if we applied those same standards.

I think there were worse emails that had not been leaked yet. If the Raiders did not handle this internally them likely more damning stuff was forthcoming by the NFL.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
I think there were worse emails that had not been leaked yet. If the Raiders did not handle this internally them likely more damning stuff was forthcoming by the NFL.

I agree and it's another reason he had to go.
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I agree with him being fired. What came out was a team killer in today's age so you got to move on. All you got to do look at Sunday's game to see it was over for him.

But there's nothing he said there that in 2010 you'd look at as omg. Fire him. There's a reason Michael Sam was the 1st gay player, a reason there were no female refs, and even the dig on Smith isn't much. People need to cool with the hatred because a large chunk of the country over 40 any race, would be fired if we applied those same standards.

He quit. Not fired. And NFL didn't release the emails. Looks like Dan Snyder did.
I can't stand cancel culture, participation trophies and the contant whining of recent years. I feel like men are becoming "sissyfied" and everyone is way too sensitive.

That being said, Gruden is an ass. 10 years ago, he was still a grown ass man. It's not like we are talking about a 25 year old who said some dumb s**t when he was 15. More than that, Gruden is a coach... a teacher and a leader of men. He made him and his team look trashy.

I was willing to give him a pass for the Michellin Lips thing, simply because Gruden is the kind of guy to use the phrase rubber lipping. But the other emails are inexcusable. I'm struggling to grasp how people are defending this.
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:
I can't stand cancel culture, participation trophies and the contant whining of recent years. I feel like men are becoming "sissyfied" and everyone is way too sensitive.

That being said, Gruden is an ass. 10 years ago, he was still a grown ass man. It's not like we are talking about a 25 year old who said some dumb s**t when he was 15. More than that, Gruden is a coach... a teacher and a leader of men. He made him and his team look trashy.

I was willing to give him a pass for the Michellin Lips thing, simply because Gruden is the kind of guy to use the phrase rubber lipping. But the other emails are inexcusable. I'm struggling to grasp how people are defending this.

Cancel culture is stupid. This wasn't cancel culture.

And there's there's 3-4 posters here that side with racist every time. Not surprised.
[ Edited by Strwy2Hevn on Oct 13, 2021 at 7:07 AM ]
IMO EVERY popular coach is probably shaking in their boots.

I'm sure they all said some things that in 2021 are upsetting.

Hell, my Football coach in would yell racist stuff just to anger us and weed out the ones who weren't ," all in."and focused at the task at hand.

"If an opposing player is going to call ********* which they will, you better stay focused because if you screw up the next play , your ass is getting bumped or cut."
Does any one else find it interesting that in an investigation about and into the WFT nobody from that organization past or current has been raked over the coals like Gruden?

Not defending him, never thought he was a good coach , im sure hes been saying crap like that damn near his entire life.

Some folks with more $$$ and power put some meat out there while they quickly and quietly try to walk away.
[ Edited by Allx9er on Oct 13, 2021 at 8:02 AM ]
Originally posted by Strwy2Hevn:
Originally posted by DaBeegDeek:

Cancel culture is stupid. This wasn't cancel culture.

And there's there's 3-4 posters here that side with racist every time. Not surprised.

Agreed
Originally posted by Allx9er:
Does any one else find it interesting that in an investigation about and into the WFT nobody from that organization past or current has been raked over the coals like Gruden?

Not defending him, never thought he was a good coach , im sure hes been saying crap like that damn near his entire life.

Some folks with more $$$ and power put some meat out there while they quickly and quietly try to walk away.

Wft put out the emails. Not the NFL. Trying to turn the attention off them I am assuming.

Wft put out the emails. Not the NFL. Trying to turn the attention off them I am assuming.

This was a league investigation into the WFT based on sexual harassment accusations from 40 former employees. Gruden's emails were prominet in that investigation. He's probably not the only person that's going down. There's always somebody that gets nailed first. That doesn't mean more won't follow. People are asking about the response of people that received those emails. Stay tuned. More to come.

This isn't about Gruden. He's just a casualty of a bigger problem in the NFL., the old boys network. In every investigation there are always people that get caught and are made examples. That doesn't mean he wasn't guilty of the charges made against him. There were enough emails from him to show a continuing pattern. It cost him a lot of money from is remaining salary as well as an endorsement tha twas just pulled. The Raiders are working on a settlement for how much he will get from the rest of his salary.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 13, 2021 at 8:25 AM ]

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

This was a league investigation into the WFT based on sexual harassment accusations from 40 former employees. Gruden's emails were prominet in that investigation. He's probably not the only person that's going down. There's always somebody that gets nailed first. That doesn't mean more won't follow. People are asking about the response of people that received those emails. Stay tuned. More to come.

The emails issued in Snyder's court filing are identical to the ones cited in The New York Times where Gruden referred to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell as a "f****t" and a "clueless anti football p****y." Gruden's name was redacted in that particular filing, and instead referenced an "ESPN personality," per the L.A. Times. The report also notes that Gruden's name and email address weren't redacted — apparently mistakenly — in another in another exchange.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dan-snyder-used-gruden-emails-in-court-filing-seeking-action-against-bruce-allen-054550495.html
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

The emails issued in Snyder's court filing are identical to the ones cited in The New York Times where Gruden referred to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell as a "f****t" and a "clueless anti football p****y." Gruden's name was redacted in that particular filing, and instead referenced an "ESPN personality," per the L.A. Times. The report also notes that Gruden's name and email address weren't redacted — apparently mistakenly — in another in another exchange.

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dan-snyder-used-gruden-emails-in-court-filing-seeking-action-against-bruce-allen-054550495.html

I just came here to quote you. Lol

Originally posted by SoCold:
This thing goes deeper than a kraken

https://sports.yahoo.com/the-nfl-denies-leaking-offensive-jon-gruden-emails

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-dan-snyder-used-gruden-emails-in-court-filing-seeking-action-against-bruce-allen

NFL didn't leak and Dan Snyder using exact emails in court.
Does it really make any difference how the info got out there? It changes nothing. Gruden said what he said and he lost his job and probably any future jobs in the league. He deserved to be fired. The Raiders players were all wearing slogans on their caps about racial unity and so on. How could Mark Davis let him stay on after that stuff came out. Remember it wasn't all racial stuff. There were other things that were said that are just inappropriate for a high profile person. Al Davis would have never allowed it. He was a leader in racial and gender rights hiring a black HC and having a woman in a high profile job in the organization.

Just to be clear, Gruden didn't quit. That was a formality that they went through so he could look a little better. You can be sure that he was given the choice to resign or be fired. This happens all the time with CEOs and people in high places. Sometimes there are legal reasons for doing it that way.
Originally posted by Antix:
I don't even get why people are saying racism got him fired. We all knew about the racist comments and he coached a game on Sunday. The NFL didn't even care about that. It was him coming after Goodell that really did him in. If it was just the racist comments by themselves he'd still have a job.

You know the owners are protective of each other, can only imagine Dan synder had some emails in there too
It wasn't the racism or any or the other stuff that lead to the firing. It was the public outing that caused it. If it hadn't been made public they proably would have continued to ignore it.

I love the phony apologies that always follow stuff like this. He said he never meant to hurt anyone or offend anyone. No. What he really meant was he never expected to get outed. He was sorry he got caught and was forced to quit. He should have said I was wrong and never should have said any of those things. He's worked in an environment for most of his life surrounded by the very people he offended. Without them he wouldn't have had a career as a coach. For any coach to say things like he did is inexcusable.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Oct 13, 2021 at 9:24 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone