LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 253 users in the forums

The Official Las Vegas Raiders Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by verb1der:
So where do you guys stand when it comes to the Raiders?

Fire the coach? Or give him few years to build?

Cause it seems like Raider nation is split in half and are arguing with eachother regarding this decision.

The Raiders remind me very much of the team that Bill Walsh took over in 1978. We had zero talent, except for a young offensive line that a previous coach (Monte Clarke) had largely drafted. Other than that, there were holes everywhere. And it was evident when Walsh finished 2-14. Make that the GREAT Bill Walsh. Yep. Even the great Bill Walsh can't make crap smell good.

It took Bill a few years of solid drafts and waiver wire pickups to rebuild the team, piece by piece. By the time 1981 rolled around, not many people from that 1978 roster were still on the team, minus that offensive line.

Point is? You can't judge the coach or the GM on a season like this. They took over a team with ZERO talent. McFadden is a keeper. But who else? Can you name anyone? Heyward-Bey? You kiddin me?

If Mark Davis is smart, he'll stay the course. The team will turn it around. But it won't happen overnight. What took place under Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers is RARE. Harbaugh's immediate reshaping of the Niners shocked everyone. It normally doesn't happen like that.

And no one really questioned our drafts during the majority of the Nolan/McCloughan years. The talent was there, but coaching failed.

In Oakland, it's hard to find success when you draft based on 40 time, give giant contracts for mediocre players, and go though head coaches like you do QBs.
Originally posted by GEEK:

Cause it seems like Raider nation is split in half and are arguing with eachother regarding this decision.

The Raiders remind me very much of the team that Bill Walsh took over in 1978. We had zero talent, except for a young offensive line that a previous coach (Monte Clarke) had largely drafted. Other than that, there were holes everywhere. And it was evident when Walsh finished 2-14. Make that the GREAT Bill Walsh. Yep. Even the great Bill Walsh can't make crap smell good.

It took Bill a few years of solid drafts and waiver wire pickups to rebuild the team, piece by piece. By the time 1981 rolled around, not many people from that 1978 roster were still on the team, minus that offensive line.

Point is? You can't judge the coach or the GM on a season like this. They took over a team with ZERO talent. McFadden is a keeper. But who else? Can you name anyone? Heyward-Bey? You kiddin me?

If Mark Davis is smart, he'll stay the course. The team will turn it around. But it won't happen overnight. What took place under Jim Harbaugh and the 49ers is RARE. Harbaugh's immediate reshaping of the Niners shocked everyone. It normally doesn't happen like that.

And no one really questioned our drafts during the majority of the Nolan/McCloughan years. The talent was there, but coaching failed.

In Oakland, it's hard to find success when you draft based on 40 time, give giant contracts for mediocre players, and go though head coaches like you do QBs.

Agreed. The Raiders haven't drafted well for a very long time. And they mortgaged away the future by trading for Carson Palmer. It reminds me very much of what the Niners did when we traded away a bunch of draft picks over an over-the-hill OJ Simpson.

Oakland has the pieces in place to build over the long term. They've got a young coach who the players appear to respect and like. And they've finally got some talent in the front office. If Mark Davis chooses to clean house, he'll simply be repeating the same mistakes his father made over the course of a decade.

I prefer to remember the Al Davis who hired a coach and stuck with him through thick and thin.
Dan Lebatard said Palmers stats look decent because he's the king of garbage time. He wears a shoebox for a crown and has a papertowel roll for a scepter.

the raiders remind me of a turd
Originally posted by GEEK:

Agreed. The Raiders haven't drafted well for a very long time. And they mortgaged away the future by trading for Carson Palmer. It reminds me very much of what the Niners did when we traded away a bunch of draft picks over an over-the-hill OJ Simpson.

Oakland has the pieces in place to build over the long term. They've got a young coach who the players appear to respect and like. And they've finally got some talent in the front office. If Mark Davis chooses to clean house, he'll simply be repeating the same mistakes his father made over the course of a decade.

I prefer to remember the Al Davis who hired a coach and stuck with him through thick and thin.

I agree with you guys.

It's just sad because one side makes sense by being patient in the coach, but then again the fans in general have been waiting for YEARS! Last time they made the playoffs was when Tim Brown still played...TIM BROWN!
I agree with you guys.

It's just sad because one side makes sense by being patient in the coach, but then again the fans in general have been waiting for YEARS! Last time they made the playoffs was when Tim Brown still played...TIM BROWN!

You seriously feel bad for their fans? Those clowns do nothing but hate on the Niners and root for any team that plays SF. They deserve no sympathy.
Raider Joke told to me today:

Why would President Obama send Jamarcus Russell to Iran? He's the only one capable of overthrowing Ahmadinejad.

Originally posted by 49erRider:
I agree with you guys.

You seriously feel bad for their fans? Those clowns do nothing but hate on the Niners and root for any team that plays SF. They deserve no sympathy.

Well I have two co-workers who are real cool peeps, and they've just been down in the DUMPS this year. I feel bad for them I guess
I agree with you guys.

Well I have two co-workers who are real cool peeps, and they've just been down in the DUMPS this year. I feel bad for them I guess

Yeah, I hear you, I guess. I have a bunch of friends who are raider fans (some of them very close to me), but I still don't feel bad for their actual fan base. As a whole, they are a bunch of know-nothing haters who constantly talk sh*t and make fools of themselves. Obviously, the friends of mine who are raider fans are cool people or they wouldn't be friends of mine, but I'm speaking on their overall fan base as a whole. F*ck them.
I agree with you guys.

Yeah, I hear you, I guess. I have a bunch of friends who are raider fans (some of them very close to me), but I still don't feel bad for their actual fan base. As a whole, they are a bunch of know-nothing haters who constantly talk sh*t and make fools of themselves. Obviously, the friends of mine who are raider fans are cool people or they wouldn't be friends of mine, but I'm speaking on their overall fan base as a whole. F*ck them.

agreed!!!!

I agree with you guys.

agreed!!!!

yeah you can't have a real football conversation with raider fans. as soon as you try and talk football and you mention you're a niner fan it automatically goes to:

"Belitnikoff better than rice "
"Stabler better than Montana "
"Bo Jackson "
"niners sux "
"Al Davis is awesome." "
"I hate Al Davis"
we're stupid/we're awesome..... we'll destroy you all. black hole.... BLACK HOLE!!!!!!
RAIIIIIDDEEERRRRRRZZZZZZ1!!!!!!!!
The Oakland Raiders as an organization, franchise, company, organization, team, community, and peoples...

f**k YOU!!
LOLWTF...

(it was a typo by the CBS graphics crew lmfao)
LOL @ 3rd and 61. McFadden up the gut.
http://www.mercurynews.com/other-sports/ci_22416302/nfl-oakland-raiders-marcel-reece-added-pro-bowl

Raiders fullback Marcel Reece was added to the Pro Bowl on Sunday while nine 49ers were subtracted.
Share 49ersWebzone