LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 308 users in the forums

Football: 101

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Could someone please explain the difference between "The Wildcat" and "The Taser?"
different name for the same crap
Could someone please explain the difference between "The Wildcat" and "The Taser?"

there isn't it just means you have no quarterback
idk
why do most OT's have to be 6'5''-6'7''?
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

I know right? Makes it hard for the shorty quarterbacks to see.
Originally posted by nvchamp9ers:
We don't see plays in the NFL that you see in college for several reasons. The main one being the atheltic difference. In college you can get to the edge on defenses, in the NFL it is much harder. Also, for example the option, in college the best QB can outrun the best D-linemen, in the NFL even the fast QB can't get around these big athletic DE. Therefore when the QB runs the options the DE is not going to care about the RB, he is told hit that QB as hard as you can and make him not want to run your way again. The LB or CB or safety will be there to take care of the RB but the DE's job is to light the QB up. Not many pro teams want to take a chance of getting their QB hurt by running the option. College schemes are just too simple and rely to heavily on athletic ability, in the NFL you have to rely on deception and scheme more.

This. Well done.

Was I the only one that thought Troy Smith last year struggled to see over (actually around linemen) the line and was looking in between players too often?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OldJoe:

Was I the only one that thought Troy Smith last year struggled to see over (actually around linemen) the line and was looking in between players too often?

In OT's scouts and coachs look for large wingspans, consequently the larger the wingspan usually the taller the player.

No difference.

Offensive Coordinators use a variety of labels to define a formation, often in an attempt to brand the offense against other playbooks.

Raye called his formation the taser. The Panthers called their formation the Mountaineer last year. The Broncos called theirs the Wild Horses formation.

Same principles, different name.

Troy Smith has Donovan McNabb/Vince Young - itis. Meaning they are cocky pieces of hot trash. If it sounds like I'm picking on black QB's, I am. Too many of them want to go out there and play streetball and that s**t just doesn't work. I worry a little bit about Kap because of this. Here's hoping Big Jim can level his head out.

Troy Smith has Donovan McNabb/Vince Young - itis. Meaning they are cocky pieces of hot trash. If it sounds like I'm picking on black QB's, I am. Too many of them want to go out there and play streetball and that s**t just doesn't work. I worry a little bit about Kap because of this. Here's hoping Big Jim can level his head out.

What exactly do you mean by "streetball"? The ability to scramble when a play breaks down?Does having swagger, or in your words being "cocky", constitute as "streetball"?
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

What exactly do you mean by "streetball"? The ability to scramble when a play breaks down?Does having swagger, or in your words being "cocky", constitute as "streetball"?

no... I think "streetball" means playing football in a non traditional style ie scrambling QB's, incorrect throwing mechanics, etc
I played Football up here when I was a kid in canada and they used the tailback term extensively. It can mean the same thing but I think it's more so called the halfback in the NFL. You always get coaches who say tailback though.
  • mod
  • Veteran
whats the difference between offsides and neutral zone infraction?
Originally posted by modninerfan:
whats the difference between offsides and neutral zone infraction?

Neutral zone infraction is when the defensive player jumping offsides causes the offensive player to move.
Share 49ersWebzone