LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

AB's Mock Draft - Final Results

I like GOFD proposal. Even skipping 2 picks can mess up a draft. I think a comittee based approach is the best and most realistic solution for a "realistic" mock draft.
GoFD breaking his own rules again...
I like the idea that they can miss 1 pick and still make their own pick, just after the person with the pick after them. That's how the real draft works. If you are late with your pick, the next team goes and that keeps up until you make your pick. We won't do that, but penalizing a late owner and rewarding one who's on the ball would work. Plus, for those of us who could easily get distracted by work/the real world, it gives us a little more time to not completely miss a pick if something comes up.
I propose one of two things:
1) Have an outsider make the selection. I would be happy to make the pick. Banner can get angry with me if he wants.
2) Give the guy some more time by allowing an outsider to broker a trade based upon the trade value chart. This may not be the most popular option with the Ravens next on deck, eyeing Mr. _________ __________.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Jan 28, 2008 at 3:17 PM ]
What is so hard about PMing evil, GOFD, etc.. with your pick or a list of a couple of guys that you want. That way they have something to go off of and most people already have a list of a few guys they are targeting with their pick. That is what I will do if it looks like my pick will fall during the day when I teach.

I wouldn't mind Texas's proposal and while I am all for rewarding people who take care of their business and punishing those that don't I think it could lead to a very unsucessful Mock Draft.

It could work if only 1 or 2 teams are late for their picks but the more teams that are late the more it messes up the draft. Besides the instances of a team not making its pick in time are very rare. It would be unlikely for that situation to happen even once in the draft let alone a couple of times per round.

--Edit-- I am fine with MD making the pick or the comittee, either way the draft keeps on moving and the intregity of the order stays consistant.
[ Edited by joey82 on Jan 28, 2008 at 3:20 PM ]
this could end up being a 3 page discussion in itself...should we take it elsewhere like:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=90023&start=45
Originally posted by Jakemall:
this could end up being a 3 page discussion in itself...should we take it elsewhere like:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=90023&start=45

Yes, let's do that.
With the 7th pick in the 2008 AB Mock Draft, the NE Patriots (by way of SF) select:

Vernon Gholston, DE/OLB (Ohio State)

The Ravens (SonocoNinerFan) are now on the clock and have until 11:11PM EST - 8:11PM EST to make their selection.
With the 8th pick in the 2008 AB Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select:

Matt Ryan QB (Boston College)

Bengals- wadjay is now on the clock
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 28, 2008 at 4:41 PM ]
with the 9th Pick the Cincinnati Bengals select OLB Keith Rivers, USC.

• Slothrop
  • Info N/A
JP Losman and the 11th pick overall are on the block. PM me if you're interested.
Ok, Saints(Defeugo) is OTC till 2AM EST/11PM PST.

And then we will pick up tommorow a Noon EST/9AM PST.
  • Slothrop
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

If I keep the pick, can I make it tonight? I'm not sure I'll be around tomorrow during the day.
[ Edited by Slothrop on Jan 28, 2008 at 7:04 PM ]
Originally posted by Slothrop:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

If I keep the pick, can I make it tonight? I'm not sure I'll be around tomorrow during the day.

yeah, you can that'll be fine slothrop, no problems with me on that.
With the 10th Pick in the Draft the Saints pick for need:

Mike Jenkins South Florida CB
Share 49ersWebzone