LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 187 users in the forums

AB's Mock Draft - Final Results

Originally posted by Defuego:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Yup...evil decided Ellis > Dorsey.

He did have a great senior bowl, but Wow, just wow . . .

It's not that out of the blue. I've seen several mocks/rankings that are starting to put Ellis even with or ahead of Dorsey, so it's kind of a coin flip. Both are excellent players. The combine may sort things out more, but right now, they are neck and neck in many people's eyes.
IMO, we should try to minimize the comments in this thread and keep it to selection, trade and logistical items.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean on Jan 28, 2008 at 10:21 AM ]
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean:
IMO, we should try to minimize the comments in this thread and keep it to selection, trade and logisitical items.

Fred Dean Dalton

I just had too..... good call BTW
  • evil
  • Veteran
Raiders- Bay_Area_Fan has until 1:45 PST/4:45 EST to make his selection...I will PM him to give him a heads up.
ok, 2nd post is updated with the 1st 2 picks.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
ok, 2nd post is updated with the 1st 2 picks.

You should edit the thread title to include who is on the clock
Pending Trade between the Raiders and the Falcons (TexasNiner).

The Raiders trade the 3rd overall pick and their 4th rounder to the Falcons for the 4th overall and their 3rd rounder.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:

The Raiders trade the 3rd overall pick and their 4th rounder to the Falcons for the 4th overall and their 3rd rounder.

That will be a damn good trade.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

That will be a damn good trade.

Per GoFD...please post commentary here:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=90023
  • evil
  • Veteran

While the overall value doesn't add up according to the chart I for one am ok with it. You need either GOFD or AB's approval to finalize this deal however.

Originally posted by evil:

While the overall value doesn't add up according to the chart I for one am ok with it. You need either GOFD or AB's approval to finalize this deal however.

I approve of the trade as well.

The chart is just a starting point, not a bible. With 3-4 players available worthy of this pick, we felt the value was closer to that the chart shows between the 4th and 5th pick (100 points) than what it shows between 3rd and 4th. This trade basically splits the difference.

It ensures the Falcons get their man, and the Raiders likely do as well, plus get a upgraded draft pick for their trouble. Meanwhile, the Falcons get back to back picks very high in the 4th, which makes up for losing a 3rd rounder.

It's a win-win across the board.
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

The chart is just a starting point, not a bible. With 3-4 players available worthy of this pick, we felt the value was closer to that the chart shows between the 4th and 5th pick (100 points) than what it shows between 3rd and 4th. This trade basically splits the difference.

It ensures the Falcons get their man, and the Raiders likely do as well, plus get a upgraded draft pick for their trouble. Meanwhile, the Falcons get back to back picks very high in the 4th, which makes up for losing a 3rd rounder.

The trade was approved..make your pick
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

I personally don't believe the Falcons would do this (move up one spot and give up a 4th), considering their true needs. However, I'm outvoted so, done deal.

Evil, GOFD you have PM's in your inbox.
Share 49ersWebzone