There are 114 users in the forums

Albert Breer and Matt Maiocco both predict Jordan Morgan to SF

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by miked1978:

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Once his arms measured out short people got turned off

And his film isn't amazing either. He's not a top 50 talent and plays a non-impactful position at the next level.

I'll take Rosengarten over this dude all day. I know he can play RT.

According to the consensus big board at nflmockdraftdatabase Morgan is 36. Listed as a tackle too.

Combine measurement is 32 7/8".

I was referring to NY saying he's not a top 50 player.

This?

I can't see that but i was going off this article

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2024/04/25/2024-nfl-draft-history-position-hit-rate/73445148007/

According to the consensus big board at nflmockdraftdatabase Morgan is 36. Listed as a tackle too.

I have no idea what a consensus big board is? People that I follow don't have him as a OT.

Dane Brugler/Brandon Thorn etc. there isn't a single draft profile about him that doesn't say he's projected to play inside.

I can't see that but i was going off this article

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2024/04/25/2024-nfl-draft-history-position-hit-rate/73445148007/

if you're going off of all-pros then we should draft RB in the 1st, right?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Apr 25, 2024 at 10:03 AM ]
I have no idea what a consensus big board is? People that I follow don't have him as a OT.

Dane Brugler/Brandon Thorn etc. there isn't a single draft profile about him that doesn't say he's projected to play inside.

Consensus board takes Bulger's and other popular boards and avg out the rankings.

Let's not get too crazy. IOL value > RB value

Let's not get too crazy. IOL value > RB value

According to who? I mean the all-pros speak for themselves. That how this works apparently 😝

like I said go look at the $ most OGs getting paid we not 1st rd picks. There's a reason why these guys are available every FA. You can find good ones on day 2 and 3 every yr.

as far as Morgan goes, he's not even particularly that good imo. Now you're asking him to move inside and deal with bigger guys when I thought he already had an issue with power.

out of all the s**tty scenarios that could happen. Taking him at 31 is the worst one.
Consensus board takes Bulger's and other popular boards and avg out the rankings.

Read draft profiles. Not a single one is saying he's a OT no matter what. Everyone has him penciled in as a OG. Not the air parent to Trent Williams. My god lol.
Do people not like Morgan bc he projects to be a guard? I know everyone feels they can get an interior guy later on but the hit rates of guards and centers in the first round are the highest of any position group. Would you rather have the an pro bowl C/G or gamble on like the 5th or 6th best OT in the class? We are picking at 31 its not like we have a top 10 pick.

The board would have to fall a certain way for me to take Morgan at 31 but i won't be mad.

Looking for an upgrade at RT
SF needs some bulk in that interior DL.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MinerForty-Niner:

You mean Maliek Collins who they're paying $10 mil this season and Jordan Elliot aren't enough?? Both have been pretty solid run stoppers the last couple of seasons.
Read draft profiles. Not a single one is saying he's a OT no matter what. Everyone has him penciled in as a OG. Not the air parent to Trent Williams. My god lol.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? Who is saying he'd be the heir apparent to Trent Williams? I honestly think he should be given a shot at OT before making a move to G. You said you'd rather have Rosengarten did anyone accuse you of saying Rosengarten was going to be the heir apparent to Trent? No!!!
Originally posted by MinerForty-Niner:

You mean Maliek Collins who they're paying $10 mil this season and Jordan Elliot aren't enough?? Both have been pretty solid run stoppers the last couple of seasons.

Draft McKinley Jackson with one of the 4th rounders and profit

from Daniel Jeremiah....
"Morgan is a very athletic left tackle with average size. In pass pro, he is quick out of his stance to meet and cover up speed rushers. He can sink his weight and drop levels when bull rushed. He also does a nice job re-working his hands when he gets knocked back to regain leverage. He struggles to redirect inside when facing counter moves, getting beat on that inside shoulder too often. He also will occasionally duck his head, which is correctable. In the run game, he is more finesse than power. He can use his quickness to cut off the back side and he takes excellent angles to the second level to wall off linebackers. He doesn't have a lot of knock-back power to displace defenders over his nose. Morgan is just over a year removed from ACL surgery, and I'm hopeful he can add more strength/power now that he's healthy. Overall, he has starting tackle ability."

I wouldnt mind him if the 49ers could move down several spots and pick up at least another 3rd. There arent many players at all that I am super excited to get at 31. Trading back makes a lot of sense this year.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
I can't wait to see Jordan Morgan as a 9er, I think it's good because Trent Williams can mentor him. Man I wanted Jordan Morgan all this time, I felt he was the best fit for the 9ers over guys like Mims, Latham, Suamataia and Barton.

Nice try on the uno reverse card

Man it just sucks cause the 9ers never draft who I want.
I don't even need them to draft who I want just don't draft dog s**t is that to much to ask?
Share 49ersWebzone