LISTEN: Trent Williams Contract Situation + Would You Consider The 49ers A 'Happy' Fanbase? →

There are 164 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: DB

Originally posted by scooterhd:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
This is our guy right here:

Loves tackling and holds himself accountable. Two takeaways that stood out to me.

Slow, press man corner in a zone scheme, ACL injury history, lightweight, RAS score is terrible. Not at 31.

Agreed. Tons of flags and 1 INT in 36 games? He doesn't have the frame to add weight either. No thanks
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Team identity is changing. We have a QB now on offense. We need receivers, not just blockers. We need guys who can get open. When you are looking at RTs, an absolute mauler in the run game would have been a good fit with Lance or Jimmy G, now we need someone that can pass protect and by time for Brock.
The defense is shifting as well. We are playing light packages. Lots of nickel. Our DTs are not run stuffers, they are pass rushers. We are trying to get to the QB with 4, we need corners that can cover. We are going to allow some running damage, but just dont want to give up big plays, and need to get off the field when we do have 3rd and longs. We are not winning games 17-10 any more.

The defense isn't shifting away from finding guys to tackle. It's hard enough to tackle in the league now…you saw what happened when we missed tackles in the playoffs.

You act like he's some elite level coverage guy…dude isn't Deion Sanders lolz. He's 170lbs who's gonna have to tackle guys like Derick Henry at the next level. That's part of the game. I'll just run to his side of the field every down and watch him get blocked out the way or get run over trying to tackle.

I don't want passive players with no dog. That hasn't been this team since day 1…and those guys that were like that, sat on the f**king butt bench.

I saw what happened when we let the Lions convert on 3rd and long over and over again in the playoffs. I saw what happened when Mahomes went 8 for 8 during the overtime drive. We need to cover better. We gasp when the ball is thrown deep and left because that's a catch or a pass interference.

Wiggins cut weight to run the 40 at the combine. He weighed in at 182 for his pro day. He'll get to 190. Not worried about that. Ambry is 190. Yiadom is 188. Rock Ya Sin is 190. Womack is 189. Luter is 190. Wiggins is 6'1 and 20 years old. He'll put on a few more pounds of muscle. Full summer in an NFL strength program and the weight will be there.

Check the film against Legette. Check the film against Johnny Wilson. There's some dog in there. He's not afraid of bigger dudes. I dont disagree that he needs to get better in the run game. Like everyone else, he's got areas to work on, but I like his chances.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This is our guy right here:

Loves tackling and holds himself accountable. Two takeaways that stood out to me.

Slow, press man corner in a zone scheme, ACL injury history, lightweight, RAS score is terrible. Not at 31.

Agreed. Tons of flags and 1 INT in 36 games? He doesn't have the frame to add weight either. No thanks

Lol @ "tons of red flags". And slow, lol. Dude is basically the same size as Devon Witherspoon who had a solid year for a rookie. 49ers looking at Adru Phillips who I don't think even intercepted a pass in college and is the same size as Rakestraw. You think the 9ers and Eagles care if Phillips didn't intercept a pass in college? All it mostly means is there not throwing his way.
I saw what happened when we let the Lions convert on 3rd and long over and over again in the playoffs. I saw what happened when Mahomes went 8 for 8 during the overtime drive. We need to cover better. We gasp when the ball is thrown deep and left because that's a catch or a pass interference.

Wiggins cut weight to run the 40 at the combine. He weighed in at 182 for his pro day. He'll get to 190. Not worried about that. Ambry is 190. Yiadom is 188. Rock Ya Sin is 190. Womack is 189. Luter is 190. Wiggins is 6'1 and 20 years old. He'll put on a few more pounds of muscle. Full summer in an NFL strength program and the weight will be there.

Check the film against Legette. Check the film against Johnny Wilson. There's some dog in there. He's not afraid of bigger dudes. I dont disagree that he needs to get better in the run game. Like everyone else, he's got areas to work on, but I like his chances.

That was just as much about scheme as anything. like Hero said go watch KC. Man coverage DBs that can TACKLE. Go look at Baltimore. Go look at Cleveland.

you out your mind if you think Wiggins was playing anywhere close to 190lbs this yr.

we will agree to disagree. The things he has to work on are things that are just about the person, not something you can coach or need more reps.
Lol @ "tons of red flags". And slow, lol. Dude is basically the same size as Devon Witherspoon who had a solid year for a rookie. 49ers looking at Adru Phillips who I don't think even intercepted a pass in college and is the same size as Rakestraw. You think the 9ers and Eagles care if Phillips didn't intercept a pass in college? All it mostly means is there not throwing his way.

Flags as in PIs. Yes slow. Ran a 4.5 at 180lbs. Phillips is a slot DB and the idea is to take him in the 2nd/3rd.

You're the one that was all pumped up on Cooper because of "ball production" now you're telling me production doesn't matter?

this dude isn't a 1st rd player. No thanks

That was just as much about scheme as anything. like Hero said go watch KC. Man coverage DBs that can TACKLE. Go look at Baltimore. Go look at Cleveland.

you out your mind if you think Wiggins was playing anywhere close to 190lbs this yr.

we will agree to disagree. The things he has to work on are things that are just about the person, not something you can coach or need more reps.

We dont play the same defensive scheme. Cover 3 means your outside corners are playing off the line. Even so, look at pre draft analysis of Snead. Tackling was a weakness.

I didnt say he was playing at 190 in college. I said he could be 190 in 5 months. He was 182 in March so it doesnt seem like thats completely out of this world.

Yeah, I'm not even totally disagreeing with you. Like I said before, if you dont think he has it in him, then thats a fair critique. But if its just about weight, give him a break. Hes 2 years younger then most of these prospects. If its just about technique, coach him up. And yeah, if he is a prima donna and you dont think he buys into the system, then sure, not your guy.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Flags as in PIs. Yes slow. Ran a 4.5 at 180lbs. Phillips is a slot DB and the idea is to take him in the 2nd/3rd.

You're the one that was all pumped up on Cooper because of "ball production" now you're telling me production doesn't matter?

this dude isn't a 1st rd player. No thanks

No I'm hyped on Cooper because of ball skills and versatility. I'm not saying production doesn't matter or does matter, I'm saying teams don't put much stock in that. And yes I mocked Rakestraw in the 2nd round, I have a feeling he won't last till the 3rd.

4.50 isn't slow, Witherspoon posted a 4.48 at 180 pounds.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Apr 24, 2024 at 8:45 AM ]
we got hoodwinked on twitter
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 25, 2024 at 8:47 PM ]

A little funny that Baltimore ends up takes Wiggins. Thats a team where you gotta be a dog. But they also going to face Chiefs and Worthy. Dolphins and Tyreek/Waddle. Texans and Dell if they keep improving. Shakir is going to take a step up with the Bills. Alot of big arm QBs and speed you have to contend with. Great pick up by the Ravens as usual.
I think eagles won day 1 and it pisses me off greatly

Originally posted by Heroism:
we got hoodwinked on twitter

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/cooper-dejean/144867/draft-profile
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
I think eagles won day 1 and it pisses me off greatly

Eagles did well. Probably ecstatic to have their pick of Q Mitchell and Arnold.

Thought Seattle was given a gift with Murphy. Funny that our entire division went D Line. Murphy-Seattle, Verse-Rams, Darius Robinson - Cards.
This board is still largely sleeping on Renardo Green. It's him, Melton, and Sainristil for me

👀
Originally posted by Heroism:
This board is still largely sleeping on Renardo Green. It's him, Melton, and Sainristil for me

👀

Green is a great man corner. I'm not mad about the pick. I'm just getting super antsy about these top notch IOL sitting on the board, our weakest spot on the entire team, and the area that has cost us the Super Bowl multiple times IMO.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Green is a great man corner. I'm not mad about the pick. I'm just getting super antsy about these top notch IOL sitting on the board, our weakest spot on the entire team, and the area that has cost us the Super Bowl multiple times IMO.

I haven't watched him, but after quickly glancing over his draft profile, it seems like a good pick. If teams want man corners, they gotta get them sooner than later. We saw how impactful good man corners are in big games late in the year.
[ Edited by Heroism on Apr 26, 2024 at 6:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone