There are 159 users in the forums

Caleb Williams QB USC Trojans

He plays like Patrick Mahomes at the College level. The scrambling around, throwing on the run, throwing deep, finding the open man, creating off schedule. It's hard not to be impressed. He's not as big as Mahomes. 6'1" 215 vs 6'3" 230 (Mahomes). He looks like a good athlete but maybe not great. Some of the long seconds of scrambling around he does in College he won't have time for in the pros. So I'm not certain how it will translate. I don't think he will be as good as Mahomes. But there are some similarities there which are hard to miss.

The accuracy throwing deep, throwing on the run, off balance, off schedule accuracy and creation of something really do show up. It's kind of hard not to be impressed. I don't know how he will translate. Everyone is bigger and faster at the next level. I doubt he is Mahomes. But he is Mahomes like at the College level which is impressive at least.
I hope he doesn't end up with the Rams.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I'd rather not have him in our division. I have no idea how he will translate to the NFL. But at the College level there is no denying he looks phenomenal.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

I'd rather not have him in our division. I have no idea how he will translate to the NFL. But at the College level there is no denying he looks phenomenal.

The better question is what IF Houston - Carolina or the Colts end up having the 1st overall pick ??
Originally posted by 9moon:

The better question is what IF Houston - Carolina or the Colts end up having the 1st overall pick ??

I hope it's not somebody in our division.
Originally posted by 9moon:

Didnt Houston give their 1st round to the Cardinals?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Does this dude think he can stay at USC forever? If he planning on pulling a Van Wilder?
Apparently since they changed the rules in 2021 or so College players can now advertise. Like his Burger King commercial. Is that the one? He has supposedly made millions of dollars already before turning pro. We are talking multi millions. Not as much as he would make as a pro. But now players can use their name, likeness, person to advertise and get endorsements. So College sports and money has radically changed. He does have money and continue to make more. Again not as much as he would in the pros.

Vikings get Caleb Williams. Kyle Shanahan gets Kirk Cousins. Bill Belichick gets Brock Purdy and wins 6 more rings.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Vikings get Caleb Williams. Kyle Shanahan gets Kirk Cousins. Bill Belichick gets Brock Purdy and wins 6 more rings.

I like how it's from NFC North Newss seems like BS or made up,
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

I like how it's from NFC North Newss seems like BS or made up,

They mentioned their source , www.trustmebro.org
The list of "can't miss" USC quarterbacks that have absolutely flamed out in the NFL is amazingly long.

Remember that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by billbird2111:
The list of "can't miss" USC quarterbacks that have absolutely flamed out in the NFL is amazingly long.

Remember that.

Yah people wanna tlk about Ohio St. QB's sucking in the NFL and rightfully so, but lets not forget USC. Along with Heisman trophy winners, which also seems to be a curse going into the NFL.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

IMO this is a huge red flag on Caleb Williams, very JaMarcus Russell-like.
Share 49ersWebzone