There are 173 users in the forums

Late round "gems"

• krizay
  • Veteran
QB

Holton Ahlers, East Carolina. Welcome to Denver Mr. Ahkers where you will be Sean Payton's Taysom Hill. Not as good as a runner but seems to be a better passer.

RB

Emari Demercado, RB, TCU He has the power, with a little bit of wiggle. Also had a 54 catch season at his stop before TCU. something about this dude I really like.

Deneric Price, RB, Tulsa Seems to have speed, power and vision. He showed he ahs good hands at the combine even if it doesn't show in his game film

WR

Malik Knowles, WR, Kansas st. Taller WR that seems to have some speed and pretty good YAC ability. Has over 50ish carries. 8 carries this year which resulted in 3 TD's. also had 3 KO TD's in his career.

TE

Daniel Barker, TE, Mich st. All I can say is he reminds me of Jared Cook

Ben Sims, Baylor scouting reports claims he is a good blocker and definitely look like a receiving TE

DT

Jordan Ferguson, MTSU quick IDL i'd use on passing downs

Devonnsha Maxwell, Chattanooga don't really ahve much to go off of here but from I did see dude seems like he's quick as s**t and always in the backfield

CB

Montrae Braswell, CB, Missourri st. This dude here I REALLY like. Fast as all get out. Also, returned some kickoffs. Would love to add him and see what he could do.

FS

Christian Morgan

Who y'all got?
[ Edited by krizay on Mar 9, 2023 at 3:17 AM ]
Quendell Johnson, Safety, Memphis

I'm at work so can't post fancy video.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
WORKIN ON MINE... but let me start with (WR) Jesse Matthews of San Diego State...

I'm already telling everyone here that even before he gets to the NFL, he's already TOP 5 as far as SURE HANDS!!
Originally posted by miked1978:
Quendell Johnson, Safety, Memphis

I'm at work so can't post fancy video.

Here you go!
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Mar 8, 2023 at 9:05 AM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Here you go!

Thanks!!!
WR Zakhari Franklin, UTSA

Elite catch-point receiver. Sure to be a webzone favorite.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Mar 9, 2023 at 9:03 AM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
WR Zakhari Franklin, UTSA

Elite catch-point receiver. Sure to be a webzone favorite.

In 2019 as a freshman Franklin saw action in 9 games for the Roadrunners as he made 38 receptions for a solid 491 yards for an average of 12.9 yards per reception, with 3 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 96.5.

As a sophomore in 2020 he played 10 games and had an excellent 49 catches for 688 yards for an average of 14.0 yards per catch, with 7 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 120.3.

As a junior in 2021 he played 13 games and hauled in an outstanding 80 catches for an outstanding 1022 yards for an average of 12.8 yards per catch, with 12 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 121.5.

As a senior in 2022 he played 13 games and had an outstanding 85 catches for an outstanding 1097 yards for an average of 12.9 yards per catch, 14 TDs, and an outstanding QB rating when targeted of 132.2.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • Franklin is a natural playmaker, at his best with the ball in his hands.
  • An excellent blocker on the outside, Franklin also adds value in the running game.
  • He's also a catch-and-run threat, a creative runner who has good vision in the open field; he'll be an option to return kicks as well.
  • He's a precise route runner, creating separation when used on quick outs and stop patterns in college. He has good stop-start ability and lateral agility.
  • He accelerates quickly and possesses good straight-line speed. Franklin shows solid ball-tracking skills and body control downfield, able to adjust to the off-target throw.

SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
  • He's elusive with the ball in his hands, but Franklin won't break a lot of tackles. Because getting separation is going to be an issue, he's likely going to need to line up off the line of scrimmage.
  • His ability to track the ball is good enough, but he too often let the ball get into his body downfield rather than snatching it with his hands.
  • Franklin also lacks suddenness as a route runner, and that is a potential issue at the next level.
  • Franklin doesn't have the ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability.

Strengths and weaknesses contradict each other but I'm intrigued
Since my pre-season list is all in the 3rd round or better range, here are some late round guys I am looking at:

Jalen Redmond, DT, Oklahoma - might not be a late round option anymore, Sheldon Richardson comp. NT or 3tech
6-foot-2, 291 pounds
  • 40-yard dash: 4.81 seconds (second among DT)
  • Vertical jump: 34.5 inches (first)
  • Broad jump: 9-foot-8 (tied first)
  • Three-cone: 7.30 seconds (first)

Keaton Mitchell, RB, East Carolina - should be there late in draft, small but effective catching and tough runner
5-foot-8, 179 pounds
  • 40-yard dash: 4.37 seconds (third among RB)
  • Vertical jump: 38 inches (third)
  • Broad jump: 10-foot-6 (second)
Joey Fisher. 6'5 322. OT from Shepherd. Small school prospect but has all the raw tools. Can bench 500 pounds and plays with powerful and punishing temperament. Has everything you can't teach, just needs major work on technique. But with Matt Pryor onboard may be able to fish for a developmental RT later in the draft. Fishers tape is fun to watch, but obviously against lesser competition.

If the team is looking to develop Fischer as an RT in the future then this could be a good strategy as it will allow him more time to develop his skills

Chandler Zavala OG NC state
Trevor Reid OT Louisville
Jartavius Martin Nickel/S Syracuse
Darrell luter Jr nickel DB south Alabama
Keaton Mitchell RB East Carolina
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I like this group, especially Martin and Luter. Good prospects late in the secondary if the Niners don't find the right fit on day 2.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Joey Fisher. 6'5 322. OT from Shepherd. Small school prospect but has all the raw tools. Can bench 500 pounds and plays with powerful and punishing temperament. Has everything you can't teach, just needs major work on technique. But with Matt Pryor onboard may be able to fish for a developmental RT later in the draft. Fishers tape is fun to watch, but obviously against lesser competition.

Our national scout Dominic DeCicco was front and center at his pro day for what it's worth.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steph49K/status/1640915390657093634
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Zavala looks like a 2nd rounder to me
Originally posted by Luckycharms:
Our national scout Dominic DeCicco was front and center at his pro day for what it's worth.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Steph49K/status/1640915390657093634

Wow. Thanks for the link. Looks athletic on tape and I heard he could bench 500 pounds, so oddly not shocked by the 40 reps... but was not thinking sub 5 40. Somebody needs to coach this kid up because he has all the raw tools.
Share 49ersWebzone