There are 185 users in the forums

Late round "gems"

Viliami Fehoko SJSU DE

dude is violent all gas. Good speed to power. Can lineup outside/inside.

[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 30, 2023 at 6:10 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
A pair of WRs I like

Keylon Stokes, Tulsa

Also Jared Wayne, Pitt. He could be a nice JJ replacement.

SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • Although Wayne is more of a possession target than a field stretcher, he fiercely competitive demeanor and run-after-catch ability make him a major threat in the middle of the field.
  • He's equally dangerous in catch-and-run situations as he is taking the top off a defense
  • Wayne shows good initial quickness off the line of scrimmage, and he has enough strength to be able to consistently escape the jam at the next level. He's a coordinated hands catcher who effectively tracks the ball downfield.
  • Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
  • Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
  • Wayne tracks the ball well downfield and consistently runs under long throws.
  • An excellent blocker on the outside, he also adds value in the running game.
SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
  • His ability to track the ball is good enough, but Wayne too often let the ball get into his body downfield rather than snatching it with his hands.
  • Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
  • Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
[ Edited by krizay on Mar 30, 2023 at 6:51 PM ]
  • krizay
  • Veteran
RB

Emari Demercado, RB, TCU He has the power, with a little bit of wiggle. Also had a 54 catch season at his stop before TCU. something about this dude I really like.

He's becoming my RB draft crush. Though that Pitt RB looks nice as well
WKU DB Kahlef Hailassie
The other Wayne WR. Jalen Wayne, South Alabama. 6'2", 210.

Per NFL Draft Buzz:
SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
  • He's very good in contested-catch situations, using his frame effectively to make plays facing the quarterback. Wayne also shows a knack for high-pointing the ball, consistently outmuscling defensive backs.
  • He fights his way off the line of scrimmage against press coverage, showing quick, violent hands and good balance.
  • He's a fluid athlete with excellent short-area quickness; Wayne should be able to create separation, and he has the straight-line speed to threaten down the seam.
  • Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
  • Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations.
  • Wayne combines good speed with his size, and he accelerates off the line better than most big receivers.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
ONLY Jesse Matthews will be the DIAMONDS IN THE ROUGH.. he's hands are TOP 5 already in the entire NFL..
Demario Douglas, the kid has wheels.

[ Edited by btthepunk on Apr 25, 2023 at 11:10 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Viliami Fehoko SJSU DE

He's my draft crush. I'm hoping we can get him in the 5th.
He was on my preseason wish list, but I've really soured on him this offseason. His athletic testing was really subpar. when you come from a school that plays subpar competition it's hard to know if you are dominating because you're such a good athlete relative to the opposition or just because you're such a good athlete in general, and so I really value the testing more for someone like Fehoko than someone who produced in say in the SEC. Fehoko really wins with power and his motor and I'm not sure if that it'll translate to the NFL. In my opinion, it'll be a fine line between good value and wasted pick depending on where he's drafted and the level of production he's expected to have. I definitely don't see him ever becoming a three down starter in the NFL, and even a primary rotation piece to me would be possible but not necessarily probable
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Apr 28, 2023 at 8:01 AM ]
Deneric Prince meets the eye test. Quick lateral steps with minimal dance moves and still keep his speed. Seems to be able to run between the tackles.

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Viliami Fehoko SJSU DE

He's my draft crush. I'm hoping we can get him in the 5th.

Was looking at him yesterday and wondering if he could be seen as a potential AA successor down the line? Has the skillset to play inside and out.

Our FO likes to plan ahead and this guy feels like our sort of pick.
Chandler Zavala OG NC state
Trevor Reid OT Louisville
Jartavius Martin Nickel/S Syracuse
Darrell luter Jr nickel DB south Alabama
Keaton Mitchell RB East Carolina

[ Edited by random49er on Apr 29, 2023 at 11:42 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
WR - Jesse Matthews; SDST
Share 49ersWebzone