LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 291 users in the forums

Best TE's in the draft?

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

This is the guy I want if they take a TE. Elite ras score. Kid started off a a blocking TE and finally got some play in the passing game. I think he could be a decent 2 with a lot of upside.

Agreed on a lot of upside. My nephew plays for Virginia and I watched all their games last season. Jelani is a legit prospect with a lot of upside, Oklahoma State didn't do him any favors by misusing him. The potential is there, would love to have him in red and gold.

🤝
It appears to me that NO TE's will go in the top 50 which is rare in the draft. Does anyone else disagree? Niners could use a better backup to Kittle than Dwelley and Woerner. If Trey McBride was there at #61, would you draft him or any other TE there?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
It appears to me that NO TE's will go in the top 50 which is rare in the draft. Does anyone else disagree? Niners could use a better backup to Kittle than Dwelley and Woerner. If Trey McBride was there at #61, would you draft him or any other TE there?

That's a BPA Vs Positional player value. So if the board went horribly and their wasn't an Edge Rusher, Tackle, Interior Olinemen or DB worthy of pick 61 and McBride is sitting there f**k yeah I'm taking him.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Shocked he didn't foam at the mouth over Jelani Woods! If we didn't have needs at more pressing roles Trey McBride would be the perfect Niner to be TE2 and take over for Juice when he hangs them up!
Cade Otton does everything well. He is a perfect weapon for Kyle
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I'm officially on the Daniel Bellinger train
Originally posted by krizay:

He's the best blocker apparently. I'm hoping for someone likes Jelani Woods who can both block and threaten as a receiver.
Kolar. Wanted the Niners to draft Kolar to pair w/ Kittle. Thought he could really make an impact and also step up if/when Kittle's out w/ an injury.

Kolar went in the 4th at 128, six picks before the Niners took Burford. Hopefully Burford will turn out to be a good pick but wouldn't have minded if the Niners traded to move up earlier in the 4th to grab Kolar when he was still on the board.

You watch highlights of the Niners' pick Purdy and you see a lot of Kolar making plays...guy can catch and just looks like a playmaking TE. Has good size and seems to move well, too.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on May 2, 2022 at 8:44 PM ]
I wanted Ruckert. Thought he went underutilized behind the arsenals of receivers they had. He showed up blocking though. Would have rather drafted him than the running back we got.

Originally posted by NTeply49:
I wanted Ruckert. Thought he went underutilized behind the arsenals of receivers they had. He showed up blocking though. Would have rather drafted him than the running back we got.

Yeah, Ruckert could be a really good tight end in this league. He's a traditional tight end, not really a flex/combo guy that you see so much of now. All of 6'6" 250, wide frame... he's faster than he looks and knows how to use his body. Like you said, underutilized at Ohio State.
Originally posted by krizay:

His twin sister is my daughters roommate at college. This kid is big, has decent speed, loves to block and didnt drop a pass all season. I was tripping out when he was texting with Kittle. Apparently George is reaching out to the young tight ends. I was invested in seeing where he got drafted and I think he will be a very good pro.
Share 49ersWebzone